• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Southampton Rabbit Rescue has had to shut its Doors.

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Sue who runs this Rescue was on Radio Solent this morning talking about RHD2 and this is the first time in 17 years she has had to close down. She was in tears and it was so sad to listen to her. I thought you might be interested if you haven't already heard.

Sue who runs this Rescue was on Radio Solent this morning talking about RHD2 and this is the first time in 17 years she has had to close down. She was in tears and it was so sad to listen to her. I thought you might be interested if you haven't already heard.

The Rescue is not fully closed, only to UNVACCINATED Rabbits This is a post that Sue made elsewhere 4 hours ago

''NO!! SRR hasn't lost any bunnies, it was the breeder (who has nothing to do with us!!) We have closed doors to all unvaccinated bunnies to protect our sick buns. All our buns are vaccinated''

Yeah it's a worry isn't it - annoyingly for SRR it looks as if the original article has been replicated by other parts of the press who have completely got the wrong end of the stick and started making it sound like it's the rescue that has had the RHD. I've spoken with Sue today on our RHD2 group and she has clarified that she definitely hasn't had it, it's that with it being so close by and with compromised rabbits, she feels she's had to lock down to protect her existing rabbits. It must be a particular worry for anyone with very young rabbits or ones who are too ill to vaccinate or who might not have responded to the vaccination because of their health :(

yes i thought I had read on their facebook page it was breeders rabbits, I think I wise decision taken by sue regarding not accepting unvaccinated rabbits

Back