• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tan is poorly

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
She had a mucky bum yesterday evening, which is unlike her. She ate then and appeared otherwise normal. However, this morning she is not eating, looks frail and has laboured breathing. It went down to -1% here last night :(

Managed to get a vet appointment for 9am. Vet agreed her breathing was laboured, but wanted to do an xray (conscious) before deciding on treatment. She has been admitted and will have the x-ray, gut meds and syringe feeds/fluids.

I will get an update later today.

She had a mucky bum yesterday evening, which is unlike her. She ate then and appeared otherwise normal. However, this morning she is not eating, looks frail and has laboured breathing. It went down to -1% here last night :(

Managed to get a vet appointment for 9am. Vet agreed her breathing was laboured, but wanted to do an xray (conscious) before deciding on treatment. She has been admitted and will have the x-ray, gut meds and syringe feeds/fluids.

Omi, my thoughts are with you. I hope Tan comes through OK, and the vet manages to diagnose the issue.

Hugs for you x

Oh no :cry:

Millions of vibes being sent xx

X-ray is showing an area on one of her lungs. Most likely it's an abscess, so she's been given Penicillin injection and is on oxygen. They're wondering if it has anything to do with what Yan had, but tbh I'm doubtful.

They are now trying to contact Mark at Trinity for advice. They offered to refer her, but rightly or wrongly I don't want to stress her with a long car journey.

My gut feeling at the moment is, as long as she doesn't continue to require oxygen, to treat her at home.

X-ray is showing an area on one of her lungs. Most likely it's an abscess, so she's been given Penicillin injection and is on oxygen. They're wondering if it has anything to do with what Yan had, but tbh I'm doubtful.

They are now trying to contact Mark at Trinity for advice. They offered to refer her, but rightly or wrongly I don't want to stress her with a long car journey.

My gut feeling at the moment is, as long as she doesn't continue to require oxygen, to treat her at home.

I am sorry to hear that the Xray shows a problem :cry: Hopefully your Vet will manage to contact Mark and that he will be able to offer some further treatment suggestions xx

I'm sorry to hear this. You must worried, what with your other worries too :(

Can your vet send the X-ray to Mark for his assessment? I reckon that's just as good as a visit, given the circumstances.

Oh Omi I'm so sorry to read this [emoji17] Sending lots of vibes for Tan xxx

FWIW I would also be reluctant to put her through the stress of a car journey right now, especially taking into account her laboured breathing. Hopefully Mark will be able to use the information and x rays from your own vet to advise on what to do next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only just seen your post, oh no 😢 I send lots of vibes for tan, and hopefully the other vet can recommend e best course of action x

Sadly Tan deteriorated this afternoon and so I went and spent quite a while alone with her. My usual vet had reviewed the x-rays when she came on duty. They had taken a second x-ray after Tan decided to lie on her side. That showed that one entire lobe was non-functioning plus other areas. My vet said she thought she had only a third of available lung capacity.

So, with terrible sadness I let her go :cry:

Back