• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*Update on Sable*

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
B-Y-B knows all about this.
With the drop in temperature last night, the fact that I hadn't been able to insulate her hutch and she's now alone, I was absolutely terrified of leaving her outside tonight.
Catherine came up trumps (again) this afternoon and a neighbour drove Sable down there tonight - at very short notice. Not a case of just driving round the corner by any means.
I am amazed at the kindness of people.
As you can imagine, lots of tears from me - another neighbour brought her up to me for a cuddle (and she, Sable not neighbour, didn't even wee on me!
Catherine has already sent me a photo! Sable is warm, cosy, being well looked after and loved by Catherine.

B-Y-B knows all about this.
With the drop in temperature last night, the fact that I hadn't been able to insulate her hutch and she's now alone, I was absolutely terrified of leaving her outside tonight.
Catherine came up trumps (again) this afternoon and a neighbour drove Sable down there tonight - at very short notice. Not a case of just driving round the corner by any means.
I am amazed at the kindness of people.
As you can imagine, lots of tears from me - another neighbour brought her up to me for a cuddle (and she, Sable not neighbour, didn't even wee on me!
Catherine has already sent me a photo! Sable is warm, cosy, being well looked after and loved by Catherine.

Babsie, this is wonderful news :love:

I'm so glad Sable is happy, and therefore you are happy xx (well tearful, but in a good way)

I'm glad that you have something sorted out for her :love: at least you know she is going to be well looked after :love: I am glad the neighbour didn't wee on you too ;) :lol: I hope you feel more at ease knowing the situation is sorted out xx

I am so glad a solution has been found. You will have peace of mind about this one thing at least.

What a fab update. I know you'll miss her but not worrying about her so much means you can put your energies in to concentrating on your recovery. Its been lovely to see all the support you've had in people offering to foster Sable. Four different members ... that is amazing :love: Go RU

What a fab update. I know you'll miss her but not worrying about her so much means you can put your energies in to concentrating on your recovery. Its been lovely to see all the support you've had in people offering to foster Sable. Four different members ... that is amazing :love: Go RU

People have just been amazing!

I still remember receiving the RU parcel when i was stuck in isolation in hospital.

Last edited:
That's brilliant news. Catherine is a real gem. She was amazing with my bunnies when I needed them fostering.

I am so pleased to read that you can now relax about Sable's welfare. I am sure that Catherine will keep you updated about her :D

I'm pleased that the worry of Sable has now been removed. Hopefully, you will now be able to concentrate on building up your strength.

I hope you are feeling a bit better, thinking of you and sending more hugs and vibes xx

I'm so glad that worry has been taken off your shoulders. I really hope that you start to feel better soon x

Back