• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spanish REW Lion head Blind in Park :(

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
I'm on holiday in Spain and there is a large park which has loads of chickens, hens, ducks etc and lots of bunnies people have released :( there was a little rew lion head which wasnt running from the children as dont think he could see them and they were lifting him terribly and so after a 3 year old dropped him to find something more interesting I scooped him up away from them. Think he was in shock, plus I waved my hands infront of his eyes and don't think he could see. After help with 2 lovely Spanish people we had to reluctantly put him back in the park but in a safer area. I have tried emailing a few rescues. One replied but too far away. Waiting on others. The thought of leaving him there is heartbreaking .

I'm on holiday in Spain and there is a large park which has loads of chickens, hens, ducks etc and lots of bunnies people have released :( there was a little rew lion head which wasnt running from the children as dont think he could see them and they were lifting him terribly and so after a 3 year old dropped him to find something more interesting I scooped him up away from them. Think he was in shock, plus I waved my hands infront of his eyes and don't think he could see. After help with 2 lovely Spanish people we had to reluctantly put him back in the park but in a safer area. I have tried emailing a few rescues. One replied but too far away. Waiting on others. The thought of leaving him there is heartbreaking .

Nicky I wept when you told me this last night, and I know how you must be feeling :(

You suffer so much alongside these little ones. I've had to find a way to cope with the suffering I feel on their behalf - you are doing all you can, and yet you should be resting and recuperating after all you've been through.

Sending my hugs and love to you xx

Oh MM , I'm sorry I upset you. It's such a sad sad situation. We went back this morning and he was still in the same place we left him. I bought some corriander for him and he loved it. He is so tame and loves being petted. I actually don't think he knows how to find grass to eat :( but i could be wrong. I have not posted today as we are away in another town and I have been keeping my battery to keep checking for replies from the loads of rescues I have emailed. One got back saying they were too far away but others haven't replied at all :( It really is heartbreaking and I don't know what else I can do. MM as you know I could never walk on by, they are such innocent souls. It's just so frustrating. If we were at home i could defo find a space in a sanctuary for him. We are here for 8 more days so I hope I can protect him and get him sorted in a rescue.

Thank you for your hugs MM means alot xx

So saw the wee bun again this morning, looking alot brighter and he had made his way over to the grassy area wee originally saw him. He ran over to us ! I brought him some romaine which he loved. He just loves being petted, he really does. I think he has partial sight and isn't blind lie I initially thought whicheck would tie with REW. I got an email back from a rescue an hour away to say they would take him. I repkied ladt night saying i could meet them half way so am waiting to hear back which is great news. Husband says leave him be, he is happy with his freedom which I can see that point as I worry at a rescue what if he ends up in a small cage, I don't know how rabbit savy people are here but then if I leave him he is at the risk of being manhandled by children. I want to make the right decision. What should I do people? Take the gamble that he will get a good home via the rescue??

Aw Nickybun, you're a kind soul looking out for this wee poppet. I hope it all works out well - no smuggling him home :)

He is a sweetie, just looovve attention. I honestly could take him home. On our way back from the supermarket and on our second visit he was hoping about and nibbling grass like a normal bun. It was just so upsetting seeing the children not handling him properly . Sorry for panicking and thinking he was blind, I think he was just in a bit of shock. This was at the weekend as the kids were off school.

Last edited:
So saw the wee bun again this morning, looking alot brighter and he had made his way over to the grassy area wee originally saw him. He ran over to us ! I brought him some romaine which he loved. He just loves being petted, he really does. I think he has partial sight and isn't blind lie I initially thought whicheck would tie with REW. I got an email back from a rescue an hour away to say they would take him. I repkied ladt night saying i could meet them half way so am waiting to hear back which is great news. Husband says leave him be, he is happy with his freedom which I can see that point as I worry at a rescue what if he ends up in a small cage, I don't know how rabbit savy people are here but then if I leave him he is at the risk of being manhandled by children. I want to make the right decision. What should I do people? Take the gamble that he will get a good home via the rescue??

Nicky, I really wish you could bring him home. I would have him in a heartbeat :love:

Praying that a rescue can take him, and give him some peace and comfort in his old age.

Thank you for being there for the rabbits. I don't know how you do it. I am tearing up thinking about it again now ... :(

Back