• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie and Willow are now living together

Lagomorphine

Warren Scout
Finally after 5 months, Charlie and Willow are living together.

Timeline:

1.) I adopted Willow in April, Charlie joined the garden about a month later. Initially housed in separate hutches and runs, with the hope that one day they might live together.

2.) Charlie's appearance turns laid-back Willow into the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog. All-out war. I can only let them out at free range time with me running after them with a soft-bristle broom and putting it between them when they square up to each other.

3.) Willow tries to mount Charlie from the front, Charlie bites her. A trip to the vet. Bonding sessions abandoned, rabbits only let out separately.

4.) Charlie and Willow live parallel lives for about 1.5 months.

5.) Cautiously trying free range time again with both rabbits out. Running after them again with the soft broom.

6.) Attacks diminish and reduce to occasional fur pulling.

7.) Rabbits try to work out who is the boss, with each of them trying to push their head under the other's chin. This results in them staying frozen for minutes, neither of them moving.

8.) Fur pulling stops but still mutual dislike. Grazing together, occasionally interrupted by urine showers. Willow grunting at Charlie when annoyed but does not take it further.

9.) Urine showers stop. Occasional grunting. Occasional very brief grooming.

10.) Charlie and Willow can now be left free range together for hours, with no need to intervene, grazing together happily. Start grooming each other regularly.

11.) They share a run for a few hours without any problems but still separated at night.

12.) Runs joined together day and night. No sign of fighting or aggression.

13.) Willow and Charlie have started digging a tunnel together, sharing the workload.

Charlie_and_Willow_together.jpg

Huh, that was hard work. Now let's hope they don't fall out.

Well done you, well done buns ! :thumb: let's hope this is the start of a long and happy relationship xxx

:love: Congrats! They took their time but hopefully having so long to bond means they fully understand each other now x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back