• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twickenham Veterinary Surgery and Their Stance on RHD2

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
For clarity on the information the Practice has been giving to Clients and to prevent any inaccurate assumptions being made from reading random posts on Forums. My Vet's final comment on the page is:

''MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE SPREADS THE WORD ABOUT RHD2 SO THAT ALL BUNNY OWNERS GET THEIR RABBITS VACCINATED.''

https://www.twickenhamvets.com/update-rhd2-rabbits-first-case-surgery/

There is no ambiguity or complacency, all Vets employed at the Practice are fully conversant with the deadly risk RHD2 is to Rabbits.

I never doubted it Jane, they were one of the quicker ones off the starting blocks to get the vaccine in and start encouraging people to use it :D If only every practice was as bunny savvy :love:

I am very envious of how lucky you are Jane to have such a good Vet who is also a close friend. Since moving away from my previous Vet I have struggled to find one in my area who is even half as good as he was :love:

I am very envious of how lucky you are Jane to have such a good Vet who is also a close friend. Since moving away from my previous Vet I have struggled to find one in my area who is even half as good as he was :love:

I am extremely lucky. Apart from being a Rabbit Savvy Vet she is also one of the very, very rare 'genuine' people in the world. Friends like that are few and far between. She has not only helped several of my Rabbits but she also helps me too.

Anyone who can put up with a neurotic fruit loop like me needs a medal !!

I wish every vet surgery was so active in spreading the word about this virus and getting the vaccine.

I remember C's efforts right at the start of this to get the Cunivak vaccine, how she was liaising with Crab Lane, with the manufacturers etc yet 20 months on and some practices are still saying here is no need to panic and no need for the vaccine as it is still extremely rare! There's no room for complacency. Shockingly one of the two practices in my town still don't have Filavac and have no intention at the moment of stocking it. (But then they were advising RHD1 vaccine wasn't necessary ten years ago... that's one of the reasons I changed vets!)

I am extremely lucky. Apart from being a Rabbit Savvy Vet she is also one of the very, very rare 'genuine' people in the world. Friends like that are few and far between. She has not only helped several of my Rabbits but she also helps me too.

Anyone who can put up with a neurotic fruit loop like me needs a medal !!

:love:

I wish every vet surgery was so active in spreading the word about this virus and getting the vaccine.

I remember C's efforts right at the start of this to get the Cunivak
vaccine, how she was liaising with Crab Lane, with the manufacturers etc yet 20 months on and some practices are still saying here is no need to panic and no need for the vaccine as it is still extremely rare! There's no room for complacency. Shockingly one of the two practices in my town still don't have Filavac and have no intention at the moment of stocking it. (But then they were advising RHD1 vaccine wasn't necessary ten years ago... that's one of the reasons I changed vets!)

The fact that C speaks fluent German helped a lot !

Back