• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Bedding

lil860

Warren Scout
Just aquired a super fluffy lionlop girl. Is there a bedding that wont stick to her fur so much. She has a litter tray which im hoping she will start to use.

I use wood pellet cat litter in litter trays, it's good for not sticking in floofy fur. And I use fleece blankets for beds.

I use megazorb - which I've not usually had a problem with. But I work in a family pet wholesalers so I could ask around some of the more experienced staff to see if there is some alternative? We do alot of equine bedding so if you would like me to, I could look into that for you? Hope this helps
Craig

She has paper pellets in her litter tray. Currently on carefresh but even that is sticking to her fluffy behind. Just need something untill shes litter trained. I do have lots of spare puppy pads could they be a option.

If she isn't litter trained I would just have non slip vynil on the floor of her housing so she can see clearly where to toilet. I only feed hay where the litter trays are, as they like to eat pee and poop at the same time! This will make it easier for you to clean up after her too. If you can clean up stray poops and mop up wees and neutralise the area with vinegar water mix it should help her get the right idea. You could use puppy pads in her tray with hay on top so long as she doesn't eat them. You might need to provide more trays if she insists on going elsewhere.

A large litter tray helps, lots of us use the under bed storage boxes as there is plenty of room and it stops them weeing over the edge!

Back