• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alfalfa - good or bad?

AmberUK

Alpha Buck
I know its higher protein than hay but its also high in fiber compared to say dried food. A few tablespoons a day ok or less?

Oh silly you, I said I was going to give you some of my different hays for you to have a go . But any free hay cannot be a bad thing!

This alfalfa is dried and he seems to like it alot so I only gave a tiny bit. (Someone is in the bad books for 1)eating a fleece - god knows how he did it with no front teeth - I know he ate some cos guess what turned up in his poo and 2)mounting an escape)

bunnie day, bunnie day, bunnie day :twisted:

forgot about the hay trial :oops: :oops:

How did he attempt his escape????

Does he know Auntie Jill is coming to see him this afternoon? I expect him to be on his best behaviour

transform.gif

I used alfalfa cubes as a treat. They get them very rarely. Only if I'm making an online order for bunny toys, and then I bung in some alfalfa cubes. So they get a cube each maybe once every one or two months. I think you shouldn't feed them any if your bunny has troubles with excess calcium.

Hes got no calcium problems that I know of. He has a salt stick too (got very into licking things since the teeth out op). This is a bag. I literally give a tablespoon every few days. I don't think he touched it for ages and ages and now he seems to like it. Not as much as danelions though (but at least its in a bag not out in the wet and cold!).

He jumped over the puffa(test to see whose Northen!). Which is not very high I admitt but its been there for a month. I think hes going through his rebelious teenage phase (very late). I was assured this wouldn't happen if you gave them two names. Not that that worked with the cats they were real horrors.

Bertie - how would you know if they have excess calcium?

Amber, a puffa? Is it a round thing for putting your feet up on, about 18" high? Where I'm from up North, it was called a puffy.

luvabun said:
Amber, a puffa? Is it a round thing for putting your feet up on, about 18" high? Where I'm from up North, it was called a puffy.

In our area it's a poofy or poof :lol: :lol: :lol: We don't have one now cos Jim used to fall over it all the time :roll:

bunnyhuggger said:
In our area it's a poofy or poof :lol: :lol: :lol: We don't have one now cos Jim used to fall over it all the time :roll:

We call them "pouffes". But we're all namby-pamby southerners, and it's all wine bars round here.

I have two older rabbits (6 and 5 1/2 years old) and a British Giant who all find it hard to keep/put weight on. I have therefore been giving them alfalfa as a supplement and it seems to work. I am very aware of the calcium problem as Sunny had this quite severely. But so far, so good.

Vera

Well I don't know how you spell it cos it was always something you just had. ours is about 1foot high. The escape didn't take much!

Andi said:
bunnyhuggger said:

We call them "pouffes". But we're all namby-pamby southerners, and it's all wine bars round here.

LOL I have a Pouffe upstairs. As I have mentioned before some of my buns are very posh and like to lie out on the pouffe while watching the BBC and sipping Raspberry Stoli's

Holly Go-Lightly said:
Raspberry Flavoured Stolychnia Vodka with SlimLine Tonic on ice with a vew berries floating on top. And a stripey straw

:lol: :lol: Glad it's 'slimline tonic' - don't want them piling on the pounds :wink:

Back