• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Selling the buns duchy kennel.

katie2000

Alpha Buck
I’m going to be selling the buns Duchy Kennel as I’ve had to move them inside permanently as a fox has discovered their set up in the back garden 🙄

Their Duchy Kennel is just over 1 year old and is in pretty good condition so I thought I’d try and sell it.

The only problem is that we can’t fit it through the house in one piece so I will have to dimsmantle it if anyone wants to buy it. Do you think this would put potential buyers off?

Does anyone have any advice for me with regards to selling it? I’ve never attempted to sell such a big item before and I’m nervous about giving my address out to time wasters who might not show up (I’ve heard this can happen on gumtree...)

Thank you!! 🙂

I sold a "chicken coop" which I used to house my ferrets in on Gumtree. The coop was an octagon that was 12ft across. It had to be dismantled to move and it didn't put buyers off. It took a bit longer to sell but it sold for about £400 to £500 in the end.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I don't know where you live Katie or what size it is (and I can see Babsie has first dibs) but I'm interested to see if too :)

Thanks everyone!! 😊👍🏻

I’m pretty sure it’s the 10ft by 4ft kennel but I’ll double check at the weekend.

I live near Newcastle which might be out of the way for some people but really hoping to get it sold! It seems such a shame that we only managed to get a year of use out of it 😒

I will keep you all updated once I’ve photographed it (my task for Sunday!)

Thanks again! xxx

Just a gentle reminder please that any selling on here must be in the For Sale section. :wave:

Are you on facebook? If so I'd try putting it on your local fb selling groups first. I sold my 12x4 kennel/run a few months back and it was snapped up within an hour of me listing it..... I had lots of interest and people were offering me more than the asking price after it had gone. Mine was around 7 years old, so it was priced accordingly, but I asked for the buyer to dismantle.

Just a gentle reminder please that any selling on here must be in the For Sale section. :wave:

Are you on facebook? If so I'd try putting it on your local fb selling groups first. I sold my 12x4 kennel/run a few months back and it was snapped up within an hour of me listing it..... I had lots of interest and people were offering me more than the asking price after it had gone. Mine was around 7 years old, so it was priced accordingly, but I asked for the buyer to dismantle.

Sorry Karen - I had initially posted just for some selling tips and then got carried away :D

Yes I will definitely try it on facebook too - thanks for the tip! :)

Back