• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's Still So Difficult :(

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
I'm still hurting so bad after Olivers passing at the end of July. I'm still feeling so heartbroken. . I miss the smell of his fur, the feel of his wee feet on my hand when holding him, the nose butt's , seeing him loafed in the sun in his favourite room. He had free range of the house so every room has a memory. He was taken so suddenly from me and i dont think i can get my head around that its happened. He was fine the night before and was unwell the next day and took very sick suddenly and their was no choice but to have him PTS , the vet said nothing could be done. Having no buns at all makes it even worse - I still can't bring myself to write his tribute in Rainbow Bridge.

I'm so very sorry :cry: I know exactly how you are feeling:cry: when they are taken from you so quickly without warning it makes it worse :cry: after we lost Boots I did say no more rabbits but I'm glad that we changed our mind and got Frosty. He will never replace Boots but he's given us something positive to focus on.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

I'm still hurting so bad after Olivers passing at the end of July. I'm still feeling so heartbroken. . I miss the smell of his fur, the feel of his wee feet on my hand when holding him, the nose butt's , seeing him loafed in the sun in his favourite room. He had free range of the house so every room has a memory. He was taken so suddenly from me and i dont think i can get my head around that its happened. He was fine the night before and was unwell the next day and took very sick suddenly and their was no choice but to have him PTS , the vet said nothing could be done. Having no buns at all makes it even worse - I still can't bring myself to write his tribute in Rainbow Bridge.

Oh Nicky I really feel for you.

I know from the conversations we had that night that there truly was nothing that could've been done for The Bead. I knew that the minute you told me what had happened. We all have hope in our hearts, but some things aren't meant to be.

You had a magical set of four bunnies, bonded by yourself, and the lives you lived were full of joy and mischief. Oliver was a part of that wonderful home you gave them all.

He wouldn't want you to be sad. But your house is empty now, so how can you not think of the space he's left behind?

He also took a chunk of your heart up to heaven, and it takes a long while for that to heal.

I am so glad you posted this, though it must've been painful for you.

Talking, texting, emailing .. I am a listening ear, and will always be here for you :love:

I'm so very sorry. It's so hard when we have to let them go and they leave a huge hole in our hearts. Is getting another bun at some point a possibility? I know that no bun can ever replace Oliver in your heart, but sometimes having a new bun to get to know and love can help when the time is right. Sending hugs x

Sending lots of hugs Nicky. I've wondered how you're coping. Maybe it might help to write his tribute, I've no doubt it'll be hard but maybe therapeutic too x

Ah lots of hugs for you Nicky. We can all relate to losing a precious pet. Do you think you would feel better if you had another bunny to look after? I wonder if instead of rescuing one maybe you could go to your local rescue and just foster then you could see if it makes you feel better having another bunny or if you miss your little one more.

From Oliver, with love

1FkcYAe.jpg

I'm so sorry that you lost your beloved bun, and can understand your pain. I still cry for my little Toffee, who I had to let go 15 months ago. I never could post a tribute on rainbow bridge, but I did write his life story, and only I have ever read it. I wanted to record his life, and all his funny and endearing little ways, while they were all fresh in mind, i didn't want to forget anything about him. I found that very therapeutic. Please post whenever it gets hard xxxxx

I'm so sorry you're hurting :(

I understand completely. We lost Bisc in October last year and today we cleared some more of his things out and it felt so horrible and made me so sad. I also miss his smell and the feel of his fur.

They leave such a huge hole in our lives. Sending you hugs x

Nicky, I think a good many of us can so easily identify with your feelings. As you say there are memories everywhere and especially the smell of the fur :( I still have rabbits remaining, although I'm not sure that it makes it any easier. I miss his presence with the other two. It's breaking my heart to see my two sometimes now sleeping apart, which never happened when they were three :(

I think in time we will both be able to appreciate what we had, with feelings of much love instead of sadness and be so grateful that we had that magic in our lives.

Sending you lots of hugs.

I can empathize with you, my own home is now bunniless for the fist time in ten + years. It's unimaginably empty and sad. I am fortunate in that I have other pets, my grown children with me and work to distract, but at night I can't stop the tears. My heart feels for you Nicky, I am so sorry.
I would say it gets better with time, but that seems so trite. Do try to think of the good times, not the sad ending, and perhaps there will be some peace you can find there, and maybe even a smile at a funny antic or expression that you remember from your dear Oliver. He is still with you, just in another form. I have found so many reminders that my babies are still with me. It gives me hope that I'll see them again one day.

((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))) for you. xxxxxxx

Thank you everyone for your kind replies, they really do help. Jane , thank you for that lovely poem, it made me cry again but it was lovely and I know Oliver would not want me to be sad but it's hard not to when I have lost my tiny little buddy.

Zoobec, I'm glad Frosty was able to bring you comfort after your loss of Boots. I too have said no more buns but think I will add to that "for now" as I think I realise that "fur" has and always will be a part of my life. But im still grieving for my boy so not ready for another pet and financially we aren't ready either so that decision is being made for me.

Glingle, thanks for your kind words x

Joey & Boo, thanks for keeping me in your thoughts, I just feel writing his tribute makes it so final I guess I just need a bit more time.

Cpayne, that is a good idea to foster but I know I could never hand the bun back - but thank you for your thoughtful suggestion.

Pets Mum, I'm sorry for your loss of Toffee, that's a lovely way to remember him . All my buns had lots of little quirks and ways all different for each bun.

MightyMax, yes it was hard to post but am glad I did. So many kind people who understand . What a lovely description of my bunnies and their home, I am glad I was privaledged to be part of their lives . Yes they truely were magical, every one.
I know it's going to take alot longer for the hurt to ease but you have been so supportive in my loss for which I truely am so gratefull.

Bisc & Matt , I remember reading about you loosing Bisc :( I remember how much you loved him. I'm sorry it's still so painful for you also. Sending hugs back to you x

Omi I'm sorry for your loss , I hope you are right that the sadness is replaced with the happier memories. But the time we had with them definitely was pure magic, I hope your 2 little buns maybe start to spend more time together, it's hard seeing the dynamic change but they are lucky you have them as a great mum.

MimzMum, thank you for your post, I followed your posts and know how you so sadly had to say goodbye to your boy too. I remember the lovely picure you posted of you and your boy. I felt so sad for you as you waited to say goodbye and how much you loved him . I'm sorry you are hurting so bad also. My husband when I am sad reminds me of the funny things my buns did and it does make me smile. I am looking out for signs of their presence and about 6 weeks ago we were in the car and I was really upset and we noticed in the sky a big cloud shaped like a leaping bunny and I just knew it was Oliver telling me he was ok. Sending hugs back to you xxx

Back