• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit toys..

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
little Luna is rather bored these days, I let her out as much as I can(probably 8 hours a day) but she's still pretty bored when she's out and back in her cage but I'm running out of toys for her!! she is a very picky little gal :roll: she pretty much turns her nose up at most toys, but consequently the only ones she does like are getting pretty boring as its the same type over and over again.

so far she only likes...
- these types of edible toys (they feel like brick, they're not though lol) http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/small-pet/rabbit/rabbit-toys/small-animal-arched-play-bridge
- her hay roller (good for throwing against the cage at 4am!)
- willow toys but not the sticks
- seagrass mattress/tunnels

she however does not like...
- loofahs
- anything wooden (she just pees on it)
- cardboard (also good for peeing on)
- those carrot things wrapped in twine/string
- living world train and treat (tries to eat the plastic + pees on it!)
- anything plastic (brought a plastic tunnel, she tried to eat it)
- rope toys

so usually she ends up being rotated between 3 different types of toys every week but, its all the exact same stuff. so I can see why she's fed up.

I put her nuggets in a treat ball every night so that keeps her entertained for a while but other than that - I guess its pretty boring to just come out and run around. I'm hoping to save up and get a little cat tree to see if she'll use it but that will have to wait until after Christmas..

so basically I ask, does anybody have any toy suggestions or good websites to buy toys from?

my boy likes willow but cant yet be bothered with the huge balls, but goes mad for the hamster willow hide toy so I buy him them

My girls like the baby stacking cups.

I think they're about £3.50 from tesco. They also like the rattle keys to throw around.

A 32l underbed storage box filled with hay and dried herbs mixed in does well to keep them entertained. As does a paper bag filled with hay and herbs.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

My boys like plastic things that they can throw around, so things like baby keys and jingly balls that have holes in

also has she got a tunnel or hideout den? you can get willow tunnels to, another my bun likes is childrens play balls, he literally dives into them like a kid :lol:

My bunnies enjoy:
Plastic stacking cups - I like to put herbs in them and turn them upside down or even stack them with dried herbs in

Baby keys

Tunnels. Lots of tunnels

Digging box filled with soil or, I have just bought some children's ball pit balls so I will give them a go

Toilet roll tubes cut into spirals or cracker shapes

Apple or will sticks that I thread woodland hoops through

Carboard boxes with holes cut into them to connect tunnels to. I collect loads of boxes from work and build them big forts. I hide toys and herbs inside them.

Big cat balls and I poke apple sticks in them and herbs

Pine comes collected and then baked in the oven so they open really big

I know I have suggested a few things your bunny doesn't like but maybe I have given you some ideas to use them differently.

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mine are mainly only interested in food based boredom breakers - paper bags, toilet roll tubes, cardboard egg boxes, cereal boxes etc filled with hay, readigrass, dried forage and a few treats. They do love the big willow balls with hay etc inside but they work out quite expensive for the amount of time it takes my 3 to destroy them so I only buy them every so often.

They have things like jingly balls, a baby rattle, stacking cups and those little plastic rings / links for baby toys - they throw these around sometimes but ignore them for most of the time! They seem to prefer concentrating on my furniture :roll::lol:

thank you guys!! I'll make sure to give some of them a go!!

she does have a hidey house but so far I haven't come across any tunnels that aren't plastic so no tunnels. I'm sure they're out there I just can't find them lol.

I never thought of stacking cups. I did try to find some baby toys like rattles, key chains, and there was nothing! I went into three different stores trying to find even teething rings and nothing which was a bit frustrating!

if I had underbed storage I'd consider a foraging or digging box. I'll have to see what room I have left when I've finished with it as I'm changing my room around quite a bit. there might be space to store it somewhere. a paper bag sounds a little too messy, she already makes my room look like a war zone :lol:

I really like the maze idea but I wouldn't be able to have it up full time which is a bummer. is it easy to dismantle and reassemble? or when its not in use could I have it on its side for storage?

thank you guys!! I'll make sure to give some of them a go!!

she does have a hidey house but so far I haven't come across any tunnels that aren't plastic so no tunnels. I'm sure they're out there I just can't find them lol.

I never thought of stacking cups. I did try to find some baby toys like rattles, key chains, and there was nothing! I went into three different stores trying to find even teething rings and nothing which was a bit frustrating!

if I had underbed storage I'd consider a foraging or digging box. I'll have to see what room I have left when I've finished with it as I'm changing my room around quite a bit. there might be space to store it somewhere. a paper bag sounds a little too messy, she already makes my room look like a war zone :lol:

I really like the maze idea but I wouldn't be able to have it up full time which is a bummer. is it easy to dismantle and reassemble? or when its not in use could I have it on its side for storage?

i didn't mention the stacking cups as they are made of plastic my bun loves them but has chewed abit around edges, do you have a Tesco or pound store they sell them, or how about empty plant pots? you could add hay into them

My rabbits love the carrot cottage I get them, they spend hours destroying it, but they only get one once a month as it’s £11.99 a time [emoji44]. I brought them a 3 way cat tunnel which they love too. Apart from them two things I haven’t found many toys they like to play with and I’ve brought them loads ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My rabbits love the carrot cottage I get them, they spend hours destroying it, but they only get one once a month as it’s £11.99 a time [emoji44]. I brought them a 3 way cat tunnel which they love too. Apart from them two things I haven’t found many toys they like to play with and I’ve brought them loads ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get cat tunnels as well now, I got the one from b & m makes crunchy sound inside and nice warm material on outer, be ok for op if bunny doesn't chew materials? I know they said they chew plastic but not sure about materials

Back