• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Think Evo is poorly again :(

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Won't touch his brekkie this morning. :( Not even his favourite treats or carrot tops. He was fine last night, but I can tell he's not right today....he's hiding under his shelf, and if I coax him out by taking the top off the cage he goes straight back in when I put the cage together again.
Have phoned the vet and the lovely vet receptionist said I could bring him up even though they're fully booked. I'm going to give it 1/2 an hour to see if the infacol works, and then go up if it hasn't. Thank god it happened on my day off.

:( oh EVO - what are you like worrying your mum and us all like this!!

Hope all goes well I'll keep fingers and paws crossed for you, sounds like you have a good vet there though - at least they have squeezed you in quickly.

Please keep us posted.

Well.... his tummy sounded fine. But we had had the usual "magic injection" so we'll see how it goes. Vet reckoned he might have seen a spur on one of Evo's teeth, so he might need a dental. :cry: Have some recovery powder just in case.

Oh noooooooooooooooo, Evo young man you'd better start eating again! You know how worried your fan club get when your ill, I hope its not a case of munching things your not supposed to again? I would have thought your mummy would have made you think twice about that mister!
Oh dear Laura, hope the injection works and he's soon eating again. Is there anything that could have set him off like food changes or owt?

Angela

awwwwwww - nasty injection eh!! - give that Evo a snuggle from us all and I hope he's feeling better soon - he's such a celeb on here and what a cutey!!!!!

I hope he'll soon be binkying around and eating you out of house and home soon!!

Bunny Hugs

He's eaten a bit of timmy hay and done about 10 poos. Think this bunny must have the most sensitive tummy in the whole world! He's been to the vets more times in the last year than I've been to the doctor's in the last 15 years! It's been less than a month since the bloat, and I don't think he's eaten anything he shouldn't...esp since that evil plant is GONE! No diet changes either. At least the vet could see me quickly, and said his tummy was still moving, so that's something. We'll see.....

Have you examined his poops for anything that shouldn't be there. Excess hair, carpet fibres, the underneath of the sofa etc. Just a thought.

Maybe feeding him pro-biotics (good bacteria) regularly would help? I think SS has them in but you can't also buy seperate probiotics to add to food.

Tam

Tamsin said:
Have you examined his poops for anything that shouldn't be there. Excess hair, carpet fibres, the underneath of the sofa etc. Just a thought.

Maybe feeding him pro-biotics (good bacteria) regularly would help? I think SS has them in but you can't also buy seperate probiotics to add to food.

Tam

I am a very thorough poo examiner! We get the odd (1 or 2 a day) "pearl necklace" poo , but no carpet or anything. Probiotics are a good idea though... I have 5 days worth of the Protexin Bio-Lapis, but might ask the vet for something more long term when I take him for his check-up.

Supa Excel.....enough to cover about 1/3 of his medium sized bowl 2x a day..... I guess that's about a dessert spoon.

Rallybunny said:
I am a very thorough poo examiner! We get the odd (1 or 2 a day) "pearl necklace" poo , but no carpet or anything.

I'm not the greatest poo expert in the world, but I don't think lots of those strung together poos is a good sign. From 6 bunnies we get maybe one every two or three months. One a day sounds a lot. I've read in places that it's because the bunny has eaten fibres that it can't digest and that if you're seeing a lot of them you should check your bunny isn't eating lots of carpet and things.

I pull them apart quite reglarly, to see what's in there! :oops: It's fur, and I see most of them when he's moulting. Did mention them to the vet ages ago, and he said not to worry unless there's loads of them, as it means at least the stuff is passing through.

Rallybunny said:
Think this bunny must have the most sensitive tummy in the whole world! He's been to the vets more times in the last year than I've been to the doctor's in the last 15 years!

Mmmhhh, I think Evo and the Robster were seperated at birth - not meaning by their looks (although both are devilishly handsome :wink: ), but going by their sensitive tums. An excellent vet I've been seeing in Edinburgh has recommended that Rob has the probiotic Avipro long term now. He's still on prepulsid since his last 'episode' but hopefully will be 'weaned' off that. I just sprinkle three pinches of avipro onto his veg every morning - I leave his veg wet anyway, as he isn't a great drinker, so the Avipro soaks in and he doesn't notice it :wink:

I hope Evo is feeling much better soon :)

Back