• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First Emergency Vet Trip for Jasmine

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I knew something wasn't right when I went to feed the bunnies their tea and only Jake was at the door eager for it! :( Jasmine was stretched out, uncomfy and refusing food. I monitored for a while and tried to encourage eating and movement but no change. I hadn't not long been home from work and I rang up to see if I could go back in with her and took her straight in. She's been given emeprid and metacam and I made myself an appointment for tomorrow AM just in case. No improvement as of yet but haven't been back long, hoping she picks up soon bless her. :(

I knew something wasn't right when I went to feed the bunnies their tea and only Jake was at the door eager for it! :( Jasmine was stretched out, uncomfy and refusing food. I monitored for a while and tried to encourage eating and movement but no change. I hadn't not long been home from work and I rang up to see if I could go back in with her and took her straight in. She's been given emeprid and metacam and I made myself an appointment for tomorrow AM just in case. No improvement as of yet but haven't been back long, hoping she picks up soon bless her. :(

Poor girlie, I hope that she is feeling better by now ?

Thank you both. She still isn't herself but began picking at hay and grass in the early hours, now she's just had some of their pellets and after I encouraged her into the trays she is eating some hay. I've only found a few very small poo's. I did have another vet apt for this morning but I've cancelled for now as she got quite scared and was struggling at the vets so I'd rather keep her here while she is eating and hopefully she'll continue to get back to normal.

Thank goodness she's perked up a bit overnight. Sounds sensible to cancel the appointment to avoid stressing her and setting her back again. I hope she continues to feel better today x

Oh Liz!

Loads fo vibes for your girlie. I really hope she picks up soon x

Thank you all.

I was hoping for more improvement. She's reducing the amount she's picking at food now and is spending more time lied down and inactive. She's not drank that I can notice and very little output. I'm in a dilemma about vets but either way I'm fairly sure she'll need to go to one tomorrow. :(

Thank you all.

I was hoping for more improvement. She's reducing the amount she's picking at food now and is spending more time lied down and inactive. She's not drank that I can notice and very little output. I'm in a dilemma about vets but either way I'm fairly sure she'll need to go to one tomorrow. :(

Are you syringe feeding, giving gut motilities and all that jazz?

Is there anything I can help you with?

I'm really sorry Jasmine is poorly [emoji17] I have a bun also suffering with severe gut stasis at the moment so can completely empathise with how worried you are at the moment. I really hope Jasmine starts to improve soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all. I have been syringing water and also syringe fed some pellets/water mix last night after her Metacam, she looked brighter a little while afterwards and this morning has eaten another small amount of her pellets. She's still only occasionally picking at strands of hay and has no interest in any veg/herbs/grass etc which is very unlike her. There's a few very small, black poo's which must be Jasmines. I'm taking her to the vets shortly for an appointment, she could have gone in earlier but will have been a sit and wait while emergencies were assessed so I thought it best to keep her quiet at home and then I can also get a lift rather than public transport.

Thank you all. I have been syringing water and also syringe fed some pellets/water mix last night after her Metacam, she looked brighter a little while afterwards and this morning has eaten another small amount of her pellets. She's still only occasionally picking at strands of hay and has no interest in any veg/herbs/grass etc which is very unlike her. There's a few very small, black poo's which must be Jasmines. I'm taking her to the vets shortly for an appointment, she could have gone in earlier but will have been a sit and wait while emergencies were assessed so I thought it best to keep her quiet at home and then I can also get a lift rather than public transport.

Thinking of you both Liz and thank you for the update.

You know where I am, if I can help xx hugs xx

She has lost weight since her Friday appointment bless her, temp was ok. She's had injection of fluids, zantac and more emeprid. I have emeprid orally to continue every 8 hours alongside metacam. I've also been given some dual care prebiotic support to offer/syringe.

Her stomach felt empty but some gut sounds could be heard so that's a positive.

She has lost weight since her Friday appointment bless her, temp was ok. She's had injection of fluids, zantac and more emeprid. I have emeprid orally to continue every 8 hours alongside metacam. I've also been given some dual care prebiotic support to offer/syringe.

Her stomach felt empty but some gut sounds could be heard so that's a positive.

I'm glad you got her checked over Liz. Even though it's Sunday and more expensive.

I use organic baby food and recovery food (or ground up pellets as they are high fibre) to keep the weight up. Are you going to keep going with the gripe water do you think?

Vibes for you both. I hope you feel a bit more reassured, though of course best news will be when she is eating again x

Back