• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just a Quick Question about Bonding

riaob1

Warren Scout
Hi Guys

I have built Kip and Buster a big indoor run and put them both in it as I thought they are now used to seeing each other. There has been no fighting, Butser mounted Kip about 6 times when I put them first in together. :shock:

Thing is that Kip is not really interacting with Buster everytime he goes near her she hops off, have seen them together a few times and she has licked his head once but then she just hops off. :roll:

Do you reckon they will be OK together - does it sound good the fact she hasn't bit back yet or is it the lull before that calm?

Sorry for the questions.

With love
Maria

It sounds very promising. As they spend more time together the mounting should decrease. As long as Kip doesn't get annoyed with the mounting in the mean time you shouldn't have any problems.

If they are going to stay in the run then just leave them together, there is no need to seperate them if they aren't fighting or annoying each other.

If your going to move them to a non neutral area like one of their hutches then you might want to do a few more meeting in the run first.

You'll probably find they spend more time looking like a couple as they get used to each others company. :D

Tam

Thanks Tam

They will stay in the run from now on and I will post a piccie of it soon, I have put both cages in there so that for a while they can use either.

All Kip seems to do is run off when he is around, she lets him sniff her a bit then as he goes round the back she goes.

I am pleased that there have been no fights though lol.

With love

Maria

:D Sounds like a great bonding :!:

I too was lucky and had no fights :)

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

bronie

Branwen was just like that when we bonded her and Case. It only took a week and they were happy and in together.

So yes it sounds like it's going great.

Back