• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone interested in a bunny rescue team effort?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Would anyone be interested in taking a look at an ad I've seen - Nottingham area. Can P.M you.

I'm approx 2 hours away, but prepared to travel at least part of the way and take in 1 or more of the 3 rabbits being sold. I think logistically it's going to require some sort of team effort.

Thanks x

Hi all,

Would anyone be interested in taking a look at an ad I've seen - Nottingham area. Can P.M you.

I'm approx 2 hours away, but prepared to travel at least part of the way and take in 1 or more of the 3 rabbits being sold. I think logistically it's going to require some sort of team effort.

Thanks x
What's the situation? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

What's the situation? Xx

Hi there, I've been browsing the ads again and come across some rabbits being sold with their current accommodation, which is pretty dire. Tbh I shouldn't even be looking and especially this far afield, but I hate to think of them continuing to live in this same set up. I don't know if the owner would let them go without though and they want a ridiculous amount of money.

You are even further than me though, aren't you? x

Hi there, I've been browsing the ads again and come across some rabbits being sold with their current accommodation, which is pretty dire. Tbh I shouldn't even be looking and especially this far afield, but I hate to think of them continuing to live in this same set up. I don't know if the owner would let them go without though and they want a ridiculous amount of money.

You are even further than me though, aren't you? x
The trouble is that if the cages are left they will sell them separately for another poor bun. I am from Southampton very far lol how many buns? It sucks when you do look, I have to really tell my other half for looking as he wants to rescue everybun but at the same time we shouldn't leave. Is it a breeder or will the buns going be the end of that person owning bunnies?

The trouble is that if the cages are left they will sell them separately for another poor bun. I am from Southampton very far lol how many buns? It sucks when you do look, I have to really tell my other half for looking as he wants to rescue everybun but at the same time we shouldn't leave. Is it a breeder or will the buns going be the end of that person owning bunnies?

Yeah I thought that too about it being sold on after :(. There's 3, unneutered, living separately but having been bred from previously. So should be an end to them breeding any more.

x

Point taken. I'm most likely going to leave it anyway as it's a logistical nightmare :(

I'd love for a rescue to help, but the person isn't going to just let them go for nothing, so is there anything they could do? x

Point taken. I'm most likely going to leave it anyway as it's a logistical nightmare :(

I'd love for a rescue to help, but the person isn't going to just let them go for nothing, so is there anything they could do? x

Unfortunately Rescues cant always step in to pick up the pieces as more often than not they already have long waiting lists of numerous Rabbits needing help. Also, most Rescues rely 100% on charitable donations in order to keep going. So paying for Rabbits is something that really is a lot to ask of them (not suggesting you are doing that, but it does happen).

As sad as it is the only thing to do for your own piece of mind is to avoid looking on the Selling Sites. Unless we are actually in a position to help the Rabbits ourselves then agonising over the thousands of Rabbits in need just causes us distress and changes nothing for the Rabbits.

I know the above sounds harsh, but past experience has taught me that it can be very easy to get in over one's head with either taking on too many Rabbits and/or seeing more and more Rabbits in dire need but being powerless to help.

That's my point, that trying to get a rescue involved just isn't feasible and not something I would expect to happen.

The thing is, I am in a position to help and wouldn't consider it otherwise. I understand the financial implications and have done the same a number of times. Of the rabbits I have now, 5 are from ads and 1 is from a rescue. In this instance, as there are 3 of them and they are a distance away, I felt that a team effort would be better. But I would never expect anyone to get involved without understanding the potential issues and costs involved.

I could go to a rescue if I wanted more rabbits, and have done in the past, but I genuinely want to help those that are in pretty dire circumstances. Definitely not the easy route, but hugely rewarding. Rabbits already in rescues are already in a better situation, I want to help those that are still living in awful conditions.

The chances are that these rabbits will be sold with their current accommodation and could continue to live the life they currently have. I just want to make a difference x

That's my point, that trying to get a rescue involved just isn't feasible and not something I would expect to happen.

The thing is, I am in a position to help and wouldn't consider it otherwise. I understand the financial implications and have done the same a number of times. Of the rabbits I have now, 5 are from ads and 1 is from a rescue. In this instance, as there are 3 of them and they are a distance away, I felt that a team effort would be better. But I would never expect anyone to get involved without understanding the potential issues and costs involved.

I could go to a rescue if I wanted more rabbits, and have done in the past, but I genuinely want to help those that are in pretty dire circumstances. Definitely not the easy route, but hugely rewarding. Rabbits already in rescues are already in a better situation, I want to help those that are still living in awful conditions.

The chances are that these rabbits will be sold with their current accommodation and could continue to live the life they currently have. I just want to make a difference x

All I can say is I fully understand. You have to follow your heart at times. xx

ThreeB's has never said that she was intending to get a rescue involved, and is also fully aware of all the commitments with taking on three 'unknown' rabbits. Hence the request for anyone willing to participate in a team effort :)

I have spoken with the owner of these rabbits and also at length with ThreeB's. I am prepared to help in any way I can, but because of the distance involved it would take more than one or two of us.

Having worked with the R.S.P.C.A. on cruelty cases for many years, and taken on these rabbits myself, I do know that these rabbits are in need of 'rescuing'. Whilst it's good to point out the pitfalls of going it alone, I fully appreciate ThreeB's desire to help those rabbits that will probably never be helped by a Rescue Centre and suffer a miserable existence for all of their lives.

As tonibun says, sometimes you have to follow your heart.

Do let us know if anyone is happy to lend a hand, however small that may be :wave:

ThreeB's: your PM box is full :thumb: MM, shall I copy you in too?

Basic premise: I can supply small-scale transport but I don't have a very big car and I'm too small to drive a van (OH doesn't drive). Can't house them very long if they need to be separate either. But willing to drive up to 4hrs to get them places :thumb:

ThreeB's: your PM box is full :thumb: MM, shall I copy you in too?

Basic premise: I can supply small-scale transport but I don't have a very big car and I'm too small to drive a van (OH doesn't drive). Can't house them very long if they need to be separate either. But willing to drive up to 4hrs to get them places :thumb:

Please copy me in to any PM .. I shall get 3B's to clear her Inbox!

OK thanks so much for the offer! You're a star.

Offers and PM's welcome :wave:

Happy to drive if any needs re homing down south. Can meet you guys somewhere. Go Ru!

Back