• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Stolen Cricklewood London

Rueisgone

New Kit
Hello, my name is Nadene,

My rabbit Rue was stolen from her hutch on Sunday night. A group of gypsies parked behind our house admitted to taking her but claimed they had sold her on - we offered a reward and left our number hoping that would entice them to return her. We then got a phone call Monday night from someone claiming to have bought her and they wanted to ransom her back to us but they never showed up to give her back. We have heard nothing since. The police were unwilling/unable to help and the gypsies have since moved on. I have very little hope of getting her back and frankly she could be dead or if alive anywhere by now but I can't just do nothing. Her companion Elmer who is such a nervous boy is beside himself as am I. I am sending out fliers to all the local rescue centers and vet clinics just in case she turns up. She is microchipped and is a grey dwarf lop.

any suggestions/advice very welcome

Best regards,

Nadene

So sorry, this was awaiting moderation and I only just noticed.

I've seen some posts about this on fb I think, so sad and you must be beside yourself.

When this happened to us, I put up loads of posters in the local area - colour pics of the rabbit(s) on A4 paper, laminated or in plastic wallets. Put them in places where lots of people gather / pass - schools, nurseries, play areas, churches, corner shops, etc. Make it clear that she was stolen and isn't just 'missing' as I think it gets a more positive response (ie she's not just run off in the garden). It also alerts other people to the possibility that it could happen to them.

Word gets around and people do talk, so your best chance is the local grapevine. Local social media sites are also very useful to spread the word, but not everyone is on the internet so posters are still important. Local lost dogs round here are usually spotted by the elderly who have also seen the posters but are totally unaware of anything online. Kids are also a useful source of information as they do talk. That's how I eventually got my 2 rabbits back.

I hope you hear something soon. It's awful just waiting. Our thoughts are with you.

Oh no, I live miles away from there, but will keep an eye out as she maybe up North you never know. I hope you find her xx

Hello, my name is Nadene,

My rabbit Rue was stolen from her hutch on Sunday night. A group of gypsies parked behind our house admitted to taking her but claimed they had sold her on - we offered a reward and left our number hoping that would entice them to return her. We then got a phone call Monday night from someone claiming to have bought her and they wanted to ransom her back to us but they never showed up to give her back. We have heard nothing since. The police were unwilling/unable to help and the gypsies have since moved on. I have very little hope of getting her back and frankly she could be dead or if alive anywhere by now but I can't just do nothing. Her companion Elmer who is such a nervous boy is beside himself as am I. I am sending out fliers to all the local rescue centers and vet clinics just in case she turns up. She is microchipped and is a grey dwarf lop.

any suggestions/advice very welcome

Best regards,

Nadene

I'm so sorry to hear this Nadene :(

Have you any news?

Think I've seen her stolen posts on Facebook 😢 she is such a beautiful rabbit I hope she is safe, and you get her back

Oh goodness, I can't even imagine what you're going through! That would be my worst nightmare :(
I know the chances are slim but have you reported her as stolen to the microchip company? I'm not sure how it works but I imagine that she would come up as stolen if ever scanned?
Have you checked local for sale ads like Gumtree etc?
I'm pretty sure this isn't her comparing pictures but thought I'd share in case:
https://www.gumtree.com/p/rabbits/cute-rabbit-for-sale/1269211083
The only thing I can think to do is what you're already doing, get the word out as much as possible and as Shimmer says emphasize that she as stolen, not just missing.

I really hope you find her :cry:

Back