• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Little Edna has been Admitted/u.date

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
She was very wet and stained (hay?) underneath. The Vet wasn't sure what is wrong with her and thought it best to have her in overnight. She was eating as normal earlier. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be?

Last edited:
Is the vet going to test her urine while she's in? Could it be a UTI?

Sending her lots of vibes and hoping that the vet can establish what the problem is.

Sending her lots of vibes and hoping that the vet can establish what the problem is.

Hello Omi. Yes they are going to test her urine - I wondered about a UTI. I also noticed she has lost some weight.

I'm sorry tonibun. What a worry :(

Yes, if they test her urine (hope they get a sample) then that will be one more bit of the jigsaw.

It could also be to do with bladder sludge or even E.C. related.

Sending lots of vibes. As suggested, start with a urine test then move onto the more complex things xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Poor Bunny, I hope the Vet will establish the cause of her apparent incontinence/soiling and get her onto some treatment that will help xx

Back home with Edna and Fibreplex. I have to monitor her - they thought it was more like soft poohs than urine. She eats lots of hay though. I have noticed the odd misshaped pooh in their litter tray just recently and wondered which one it was, as she lives with Tigger, so maybe it is in connection with that. She is very bright in herself. Thanks for your replies.

Back home with Edna and Fibreplex. I have to monitor her - they thought it was more like soft poohs than urine. She eats lots of hay though. I have noticed the odd misshaped pooh in their litter tray just recently and wondered which one it was, as she lives with Tigger, so maybe it is in connection with that. She is very bright in herself. Thanks for your replies.

Awwwww poor girlie. Did the Vet mention any possible cause of her poo trouble ? Dental problems maybe ? Not sure how old she is but if a Rabbit has any arthritic problems it can make it difficult to keep themselves clean.

Most rabbits like Fibreplex and I hope Edna does, and that it works for her :)

Is she moulting at the moment?

Back