• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HopperT

New Kit
Hi all I don't have any rabbits at the moment as I lost my last one a couple of months ago. But I do need some help, I have three male baby rabbits coming tonight. They should have gone to our local pet shop tomorrow but I couldnt let them go there, it's not a good pet shop and quite dirty. The thing is I have decided to keep them all but have never had baby's altogether before. I am woried about keeping them together and fighting until they are old enough to loose there bits. Any advice would be good.

Thank you in advance

hello!

sorry to hear about your bun. sorry i can't offer any advice as i've just welcomed in my first house bun this week. this forum is fantastic for advice though and i'm sure you'll get lots soon. good luck with your new addditons.

(any names?)

Hi! as far as i know, babies actually dont fight. They're ok as babies but as soon as they grow up a bit, thats when they start to fight. I've had 6 rabbits in the past and got my 7th today and he was in the pet shop with his brother...but we couldn't buy both because we dont have enough room to keep them in seperate hutches. Yeah, but as far as i know the rabbits dont fight until they grow past 6 months i think.

Aww, sorry about your other rabbit its kind of you to look after these babies. Males can be neutered from 4 months old and with luck if you get it done then they won't fight. You'll need to keep a close eye for a few weeks before that though as some rabbit mature earlier than others. One important think is not to chance what territory there in. If there happily living together in a hutch and you move them somewhere else they might start fighting over control of the new territory.

Tam

Really silly question here, but are you sure they are all male? Some people have taken females to be spayed and got there to be told they are males. I am just saying cos you probs don't want extra ones to look after!

Yes they are all the same. Thank you for all you help I will post some pics of them as soon as I work out how.

Back