• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fiver has come home

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Picked up his ashes this afternoon

:cry:

There is no end to the emptiness in my home and heart. :(

Such a sad time for you and I'm sure there are no words to help at the moment :cry:

Thinking of you and sending lots of love and gentle ((((( hugs ))))) xxx

Thinking of you MimzMum and sending lots of love and hugs. You are correct in describing it as an "emptiness":cry: It is like a large hole in our everyday lives.

I'm pleased your precious boy is home.

Last edited:
Picked up his ashes this afternoon

:cry:

There is no end to the emptiness in my home and heart. :(

1sOh0b3.jpg

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))) xx

I always feel slightly better when I have the ashes with me, but it also makes losing a fur family member much more 'real', which hurts.

Thinking of you xxxx

Thank you, everyone.

I put a tentative 'home' together in my bookcase headboard of my bed for the three urns. I have some flameless candles there and their three bowls, plus a few of their personal items in a sort of shrine. When their toys arrive from Alaska (provided the storage trailer leaves before snow) I'll add them to the memorial and take a photo.

I miss them all more than anyone can possibly know. The house is so quiet without them. I pass by the produce section in my grocery where I work and think, "Oh, they'd love X for tea..." Then I have to fight back the tears as I remember I don't have to bring home carrot tops or lettuce or kale anymore. :cry:

They have all left such huge holes in my heart. :cry: But although Mimzy was my soul bun, and Pip was my daughter's rabbit that I cared for, it's little Fiver I think whom I miss most. He was my little buddy, more of a people bunny than the other two. I get all choked up when I remember his last day with us. I have yet to finish Watership Down, I'd promised him I'd finish reading it aloud to him, even if he had to hear it from across the void.

He was a most unique little bun. :( I will never meet his like again in this world.

Thank you, everyone.

I put a tentative 'home' together in my bookcase headboard of my bed for the three urns. I have some flameless candles there and their three bowls, plus a few of their personal items in a sort of shrine. When their toys arrive from Alaska (provided the storage trailer leaves before snow) I'll add them to the memorial and take a photo.

I miss them all more than anyone can possibly know. The house is so quiet without them. I pass by the produce section in my grocery where I work and think, "Oh, they'd love X for tea..." Then I have to fight back the tears as I remember I don't have to bring home carrot tops or lettuce or kale anymore. :cry:

They have all left such huge holes in my heart. :cry: But although Mimzy was my soul bun, and Pip was my daughter's rabbit that I cared for, it's little Fiver I think whom I miss most. He was my little buddy, more of a people bunny than the other two. I get all choked up when I remember his last day with us. I have yet to finish Watership Down, I'd promised him I'd finish reading it aloud to him, even if he had to hear it from across the void.

He was a most unique little bun. :( I will never meet his like again in this world.

Your shrine sounds so lovely:love:

I'm so sorry you have had to go through this, it's just awful :cry: Sending you strength giving hugs xx

Thank you, everyone.

Sending huge hugs. Your shrine sounds lovely :love:. Going through this myself just now, I totally understand the emptiness.

Back