• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Those of You Who Have/Have Had a Rabbit With EC

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Mimzy was suspected and tested in February of his 2nd or 3rd year. He had snuffles like symptoms that never resolved, but did not develop head tilt till June of 2012. (5 years old)

Sorry for the extra info but I'm struggling to remember when he first got sick.

Was April for my Kermit, was the day before I joined here.

Also just checked back threads, was February for my Inca x

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure, but I think Mimzy was suspected and tested in February of his 2nd or 3rd year. He had snuffles like symptoms that never resolved, but did not develop head tilt till June of 2012. (5 years old)

Sorry for the extra info but I'm struggling to remember when he first got sick.

Were you in Alaska when little Mimzy developed the head tilt ? Was it confirmed as being EC related or could it have been related to his previous URT disease ?

I can't remember exactly but it was either the very end of March, or the first week of April (2013) x

Not had a rabbit with EC, but any that I've lost before they were aged have died in spring or autumn when the weather is changing :cry:

At the risk of being thick, what are you defining EC as?

Head tilt? Positive titre test or something else?

I've had several head tilt bunnies and never treated (or tested) for EC, only treated with antibiotics and they always got better.

At the risk of being thick, what are you defining EC as?

Head tilt? Positive titre test or something else?

I've had several head tilt bunnies and never treated (or tested) for EC, only treated with antibiotics and they always got better.

Not thick at all.

Ideally I am asking about Rabbits who have been titre tested, but we know that this is not always a reliable indicator and not many people have a Rabbit tested but treat symptomatically.

I have absolutely no scientific basis for my question, I just seem to have noticed that over the years more cases of Rabbits presenting with Vestibular symptoms occurs in the Autumn/Winter months or very early in the Spring.

I probably shouldn't do too much 'random thinking', it seldom ends well :lol:

Back