• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three's a crowd?

Sage

Warren Scout
We have finally managed to bond Branwen and Casey. They groom each other, sit together and generally being happy loved up buns.

Last weekend Mum on seeing some baby bunnies in the pet shop*, mentioned adopting yet another. So being the greedy/brooding/compassionate sort it made my day.
Now in the cold light of day she isn't mad keen.

So would all those with 3+ buns be so kind as to help me out here and convince them/me what a good/bad idea it would be?

How much more would it cost to have a third bun?
Should be adopt a male or female? (obviously we've already got one of each)
Would one end up being left out?
We have a spare hutch (Bran's old house) that bun#3 could live in. If/when they are all bonded how big a hutch and run would be necessary?
(Now I think of it, what's the best size run for two?)

Any other wisdom you can offer?

*We would of course get a rescue rabbit, I'm in the swing of this now. Breed isn't a big deal, though we'd prefer one that's not too big or hardwork.

Can't help with three as I have never tried - but you could always get number 4 if it doesn't work out... That's how I ended up with six... :lol:

I eagerly await the answers to your questions. I am also currently going down this road and I have asked lots of questions re. lots of bunnies. I had planned on getting a bun that tends to be overlooked (black, agouti or rew) but I have fallen for April's pretty face.
April2.JPG

I am going to visit her tomorrow. I plan to try and bond her with my current two but, if this doesn't work I will get a fourth and have two pairs.
I have just purchased an 8ft x 5ft shed so they will live free range in there. It has a cat flap so I will eventually get round to them having permanent access to an outside run - meantime, they will have to make do with a run in the garden.

Can't help with three as I have never tried - but you could always get number 4 if it doesn't work out... That's how I ended up with six...

:shock: Now thats not fair :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I`m going to get a third bun :!: Not looking at four :!:

:shock: I might end up with 1 non breeding pair and 1 breeding pair :shock:

bronie

Louise

When you bonded them, did you introduce Boo to each bunny seperately or did you just put her with the already bonded pair?

Back