• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GOing on holiday - what do you do with the buns?

Amelia

Alpha Buck
Hi

Just out of interest I wondered what people do with the bunnies if they go on holiday?

I've luckily found a very good pets holiday home that mine go to when we have to go away (I've already booked them in for Christmas!) :D

Luckily my parents are as bunny crazy as I am....and prvide a very high class boarding facility. :D Not that I get to go on holiday much. :(

I was on holiday last week and luckily my next door neighbour voluteered (or should I say his wife volunteered him) to look after my rabbits which was great as I didn't have to move them to unfamiliar surroundings :D

We have a holiday cottage at the foot of the glens, but we rarely get to use it. Friends occasionally use it for a long weekend or a week or so though so it gets aired sometimes. We're thinking about advertising it as a holiday cottage to raise funds for CARROT as it's in a great area for horse riding, hill walking, golf, etc. We used to use it quite a lot when we just had Smokey and Daisy. They loved it there and it's totally rabbit-friendly inside and out *sigh* those were the days! :lol:

My mum is jolly decent about such things, and has mastered shouting "BEDTIME" at the little fuzzbuckets and shaking the foodbag until they do Her Bidding.

Andi said:
My mum is jolly decent about such things, and has mastered shouting "BEDTIME" at the little fuzzbuckets and shaking the foodbag until they do Her Bidding.

And before we used her services (and back when we only had two bunnies) we sent them off to stay with my brother. Unfortunately his son fell in love with them and demanded a bunny of his own. So they got themselves a bunny, which I duly visited, convinced them of his need for furry companionship, and now they've got two bunnies and my bunnies have lost their prime spot in the utility room. Curse my bunnies for being so cute.

What do you do with rabbits when you go on holiday

I was about to post a message asking about this . We have just booked a holiday in December and need to board the bunnies. Does anyone know where they can be really well looked after in the Sheffield, Barnsley, Rotherham vicinity. We had a bad experience with our last bunny - he escaped from the boarding place. We were devestated to lose him so we need to be sure nothing will happen to Jack and Rosie.

Holidays? - Not part of my voccabulary... :D Haven't had one in years and there are no plans to have one just yet either. But I would have to have someone come in and look after the animals in our home as there are too many to move them...

Vera

Mu bunny friend Diane has already been told she's the holiday mum!! :lol:

yes TOLD! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Luckily my Mom and Dad do the honours, infact so well that the buns ignored us when we came back of our hols this year :roll: :lol:

bunnyhuggger said:
We have a holiday cottage at the foot of the glens, but we rarely get to use it. Friends occasionally use it for a long weekend or a week or so though so it gets aired sometimes. We're thinking about advertising it as a holiday cottage to raise funds for CARROT as it's in a great area for horse riding, hill walking, golf, etc. We used to use it quite a lot when we just had Smokey and Daisy. They loved it there and it's totally rabbit-friendly inside and out *sigh* those were the days! :lol:

Oh Lynda I'd be up for a booking sounds a fab idea :thumb: , as you know Scotland is out fav place to stay!

On our holiday this year Branwen went to stay with a friend of ours. Her daughter Sophie doted on her constantly and now has Branwen's photo in pride of place.

We're going away at Christmas and have no idea what we are going to do now with the two of them. Branwen can charm anyone but Casey is harder work, they'll be living together by then which should help.
Betty (The lady who ran the rescue we adopted Bran from) did offer to let her board there. Might take her up on the offer, if she's let Case come too of course.
But then we might end up taking yet another bun home, and that would be terrible. :lol:

My parents thik it would be okay for someone to just come in and feed them (was fine for the [late] goldfish) but I'm talking them out of it. They just don't understand that these are my babies and they need attention.

My mum.

But that is what puts me off getting more bunnies/pets. She can cope with one or two!
We only have a week in Yarmouth or somewhere with the kids, but I wouldn't want to ask my parents to look after any more, but my daughter has been talking about guinea pigs. . . . two more pets wouldn't make much difference? . . . . but then I was thinking of getting a budgie again. . . . . :roll: :wink:

LurcherGirl said:
Holidays? - Not part of my voccabulary... :D Haven't had one in years and there are no plans to have one just yet either. But I would have to have someone come in and look after the animals in our home as there are too many to move them...

Vera

I'm with Vera on this one! :D

We haven't been away for years. We where planning to go to Ireland this year but we couldn't find anyone we trusted enough to look after our lot.

Louise

hi there my four go to a place call Small Pets Holiday Home in Sheffield. Jack & Elaine are the owners and they are fabulous. I would recommend them to everyone.

Back