• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Non leak water bottles .............. please

luvabun

Warren Veteran
I have tried the two types readily available i.e. the clear plastic ones with red plastic bit holding the spout (with a ball bearing in it) and the opaque squarish ones with a black plastic bung holding the spout, again with the ball bearing in it) and both types leak. Not only is this a p. in the a. as regards soaking the bedding, hutch floor, but also makes it difficult to monitor water consumption. Any recommendations/ ideas please? :x

I think all the gravity bottles drip, it's due to the actual water temperature and the air temperature around it. Once the water and the air temp are the same, it doesn't leak as much. You could always fix a coop cup lown down under the spout to catch the drips.

A heavy duty bowl that cannot be tipped over easily and has reasonably high sides to discourage contamination with dirt.

The bottles have thier down sides as do bowls. Swings and roundabouts!

In the USA a lot of people use bowls ("crocks") as the norm.

Their is a bottle that breeders use a lot which is very reliable which uses better release mechanism but I really cannot remember the name...

It is Ezi filler?? or something ? Anyone?

Very good bottles , much like the "Sippy" bottles but more robust.

Bob

I found the trick with water bottles is, if you fill them right up to the top so there’s no air in them they don’t leak.

I use a variety of bottles and its worked for me.

Louise

Back