• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm losing Yan

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
He's very poorly. Has had conscious xray, which showed probable Pneumonia, plus Kidney disease (no symptoms). Having trouble breathing and has been on oxygen and fluids at vets since early morning with no improvement. His BP is so low they can't even get a blood sample. Was very sudden onset and he was perfectly fine bouncing around at 8pm last night after his supper. They are so fragile :(

I will hear again around 3pm, but plan is that we will let him go if no improvement, which seems very likely :( My heart is breaking for Tan :(

He's very poorly. Has had conscious xray, which showed probable Pneumonia, plus Kidney disease (no symptoms). Having trouble breathing and has been on oxygen and fluids at vets since early morning with no improvement. His BP is so low they can't even get a blood sample. Was very sudden onset and he was perfectly fine bouncing around at 8pm last night after his supper. They are so fragile :(

I will hear again around 3pm, but plan is that we will let him go if no improvement, which seems very likely :( My heart is breaking for Tan :(

Oh no, not Yan :cry:

I am hoping with all my heart that he can defy the odds and pull through. You must be beside yourself with worry :cry:

Vibes for Tan and hugs for you.

I can imagine you are beside yourself with worry, I am so sorry x

Oh no, I'm soo sorry poor Yan is so poorly. Especially so hard when he was ok the day before. Sending hugs and vibes for your wee bun x

Vets are suspecting a pellet has been the cause :( My vet has tried to contact Mark at Trinity without success. She has spoken to Montgomery Vets in Ashford who have advised his only chance is operation under GA to try to find any obstruction. This is happening now. Vets have warned he is high anaesthetic risk :(

Vets are suspecting a pellet has been the cause :( My vet has tried to contact Mark at Trinity without success. She has spoken to Montgomery Vets in Ashford who have advised his only chance is operation under GA to try to find any obstruction. This is happening now. Vets have warned he is high anaesthetic risk :(

Oh good grief :cry: Millions more vibes being sent xx

Loads of vibes xxx

Omi I'm so sorry to read this [emoji17] I have absolutely everything crossed for you that Yan is able to pull through his op.

You'll both be in my thoughts this afternoon xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, he has survived the anaesthetic, but he's "still not out of the woods". He's on Depocillin and pain relief as well as fluids and is still in oxygen tent, although his gums are now pink. No obstruction was found, although there is inflammation on the soft palate and an indentation (?) in the side of his larynx.

One of my lovely vets is going to take him home with her for the night, if he's still with us by then.

Well, he has survived the anaesthetic, but he's "still not out of the woods". He's on Depocillin and pain relief as well as fluids and is still in oxygen tent, although his gums are now pink. No obstruction was found, although there is inflammation on the soft palate and an indentation (?) in the side of his larynx.

One of my lovely vets is going to take him home with her for the night, if he's still with us by then.

He's a fighter :love: I know he's still 'critical' but he has come through the first major challenge. I am still sending lots of special Rex vibes for him :love:

So pleased that he is still fighting and has done so well. Sending lots more vibes and extra hugs for you x

Back