• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PAH Foraging Box

Noctis

Young Bun
I recently brought a Foraging box from pets at home, its safe to say I was not impressed, I thought that the box would be full to the brim with lots of flowers and other tid bits that were stated on the box, when I got it home I was shocked to find that the tray it came in was pretty much filled with soil, it was only the top layer that had anything interesting to eat on it.

can anyone suggest anything else that can be used for foraging and stimulation, he already has a hay wheel that I put sprigs of mint into, I was just looking for something a bit more interesting?

here he is eating the box lol
37166180405_b890cf8eb6.jpg

I recently brought a Foraging box from pets at home, its safe to say I was not impressed, I thought that the box would be full to the brim with lots of flowers and other tid bits that were stated on the box, when I got it home I was shocked to find that the tray it came in was pretty much filled with soil, it was only the top layer that had anything interesting to eat on it.

can anyone suggest anything else that can be used for foraging and stimulation, he already has a hay wheel that I put sprigs of mint into, I was just looking for something a bit more interesting?

Tamsin (Owner of RU) has some innovative ideas on her Blog

http://www.therabbithouse.com/blog/category/rabbit-toys-enrichment/

Hi there :wave:

Galen Garden is a wonderful source of inspiration - hundreds of natural products:

https://galensgarden.co.uk

I would also take a look at the hay experts:

https://www.thehayexperts.co.uk

awww thank you, hes such a lovely bun too, so happy. oh no :( sorry for your loss, they do become such a big part of our lives as much as my three cats <3

Tubes and balls. Especially balls you can put food in! Them giant willow balls from P@H can have food put inside (I used carrot peelings) and that works as an interesting and rewarding thing to do :D I've also put leaves in there.

Toilet roll tubes are OK but 'fragile'. Foil/cling film tubes are probably a bit small and my buns have difficulty throwing them. The best size I found for my two (medium-large-ish, 2.4kg bunnies) is a small poster tube about 2" in diameter. I can ram enough hay in there that they can be flinging them for whole minutes before they get the few pellets I've hidden out! :lol: Raspberry leaves also work as a good edible holder-inner.

Dangling stuff from the top of the run works for us :D Or simply creating a forest! :roll:

Back