• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Out of date books

Alicia

Mama Doe
I was in waterstones today and I had a look through some of the rabbit books and most of the information that I read was not right. Rabbits and guinea-pigs can live together, illustrations of tiny hutches, no mention of neutering or rabbits living with other rabbits. I know I only briefly looked through but it's really bothered me. Is there anything I can do about this? No wonder people still have the wrong idea about rabbits

I wonder if you'd be able to contact Waterstones head office and bring up your concerns?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I guess it depends what books their suppliers have. There is obviously a demand for books on rabbit care and they need to have some in. I work in a bookshop and was looking to order one for stock, but from what our database was showing there was no way to tell if it would be a decent book or not - i.e the information they offered on the book gave no indication how up-to-date its content would be. I think it's a shame that there's no 'RWAF-endorsed' type of book, as that'd be really helpful!

You could contact head office, but I'm not sure how successful you'd be as I'm not sure there's much of an alternative to the books you were looking at? It's worth a try though!

I think small animal care books have been 'out of date' on their advice for years now. I remember when I first got piggies it was before forums and the like, so I bought a few books to read and followed that advice. It was all mostly wrong.

Back