• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An update on Fiver

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
So on this sad day, when I was fearing I'd have to let both my last bunnies go, we have a reprieve.
The vet could not find anything broken on Fiver. His back is intact. That's not to say he hasn't thrown a clot or pinched something, apparently it doesn't take much. Only one of his rear legs has no sensation in it. So what we're going to do is confine him to bed rest for the next week and superdose him on metacam. If he shows any chance of recovering that one leg, it'll be in the next few days. But for now I haven't had to let him go with Mimzy.

Very hard day today. I would post more but I truly am not up to it. But didn't want to leave anyone hanging as I've received so many kind thoughts and prayers. Thank you all for thinking of us and I hope we can beg a few more vibes for Fiver. If he is struggling and we see no improvement by next Tuesday, then it is likely he will join his beloved friend at the bridge.

Thank you all again for your kindnesses. I did not think I was going to make it through this day. Without all of you, I know I would not have. xxxxx

Sending lots and lots of vibes for Fiver and prayers that he recovers the sensation in his leg xxxx

Thank you, Rhianna. I am finding it problematic to keep him eating. I'm pretty sure he is grieving, but he also may be uncomfortable. I lowered his metacam this last week when I thought it might send him in the same direction as Mimzy, but that was obviously a mistake. I have to hope I can get his blood concentrations up to proper levels again before he gives up altogether.

I should've also asked the vet to give him some metaclop and maybe a snootful of buprenorphine to keep him comfy. Just didn't cross my mind since he was eating earlier.

Poor bub. I hope I've made the right decision for him. I really want to give him that chance to recover.

Millions of vibes for Fiver. I'm so sorry it's all happening at once M. You'll be in my thoughts today x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I know that you will do whatever is best for Fiver and I really hope that he will show some signs of improvement over the coming days xx

Back