• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get 2 bunnies in 1 carrier at the same time?

My bunnies won't go in to carriers on their own anyway, any tips for getting a bunny in a carrier( transporting round the house) and getting 2 bunnies in the same carrier(vet)
My bunnies literally attack me when I try (scratching,biting)
They won't let me pick them up, which I understand as rabbits prefer to have there feet in the floor.
I even gotten someone else to try and help me
Any help would be appreciated
Not sure if this is in the right place sorry

Lots of patience and high value treats they will only ever get for box training.

I use the cat cario which can open fully so it looks nothing like a box. Have it in their area all the time open.

I'll encourage them to eat the treats near the cage, gradually moving closer until they're comfortable around the box.
Then we start moving into the box. To start with just a nose in, as gets comfortable further in and keep going slowly only moving further in as bun is comfortable.
Once they're in and happily eat treats I'll shut one side the continue again, then the other side and continue training to get in, then get them used to the door being shut.

Training only lasts 10 to 15 mins. I never touch the bun during training and they get the choice to interact with the training session... if they don't wanna then they don't have to.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Daphnephoebe has given you some really good advice.
It may also help to line the bottom of the carrier with something familiar - such as a towel that has been in their living space. It will provide traction as well as a familiar scent, both of which will help to make your buns feel more secure.

I used my carriers as extra hides, full time. There was no problem getting buns in, as they were used to them. I lined the bottom with puppy pads, added hay and if I was in a rush to get them, a little food of some kind.

I have a cat carrier and have a trick for getting my 2 house buns in when needed.... I have quite a large house cage which I entice them to go in (treats or nuggets usually does it) then I lock them in. The cage has a large roof opening which the cat carrier fits into and once that is in there isn't much room for them to go anywhere so I gently push them into the cat carrier and they usually go in of their own accord. I learned this trick after many months of chasing them round the house but I swear they knew when they were going to the vet and would avoid the cat carrier even when it was filled with treats. This way is much quicker although I do get the "I can't believe we fell for that trick again" look ��

Back