• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging a well?

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Matt forgot to put the water bowl from the run into the lawn area, so Aboleth started digging a well. The Lopsy joined in. Then he rolled in it (no pics of that, sorry!) and now it's just a forgotten hole. Aboleth reached stony ground before water, and now the bowl's safely in the area (they have one through the tube in the hutch but as if they'll go in for it!).

DIOp88XWsAA4s4m.jpg

DIOqDWTXUAAUHhL.jpg

DIOqKVIWAAA-UBr.jpg

Aboleth looks like she's trying to say 'Lopsy did it!' in this one :lol:

DIOqP0SW4AAB_bj.jpg

They were actually eating the grass roots :roll:

Impressive! :) Our worst culprits are Dottie & Ziggy, they go for the roots too. The garden is full of holes, I've now given them a sandpit digging box to offer a distraction x

They're still at it, you'll be pleased to know :lol: But this time it's definitely grass roots, and it's Aboleth primarily eating them.

They've also taken to digging the bare patch by the corner (many years of abuse = no grass), but just raking the surface. Are they prepping it for me to re-seed? XD

Awwww bless them. [emoji7]

Alfie and Bubbles used to go down the side of our shed. I blocked it off so they tried to dig a hole under it instead. I used to love watching them - they had so much determination and used to curse me for filling it in whenever it got too big! [emoji23]

i hope they don't get too far!

this burrow ended up under next door's patio. They got panicked one day and went in & didn't come out. I had to dig them out :(

the last pic i couldn't see round a corner so just put the phone down there as far as i could & took a pic.
the entire tunnel was probably 6 metres long when i had to dig them out.

9FMYQCI.jpg

epWumX9.jpg

ljPsAeM.jpg

Last edited:
Nice excavation work from those bunnies, Mike! That's some impressive digging! [emoji44][emoji23]

Wow, mine are totally amateurs seeing this XD Worst we've had to do is brick up some holes before they got too big :D

Back