• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit nervous for tomorrow.

Angie B

Wise Old Thumper
Thumper wasn't well last week as you know, ending up at the emergency vets overnight.

She recovered but took her time about it - as did Coco - they were tired for a couple of days as of course they'd both had a very disturbed and traumatic night with Thumper being repeatedly taken away for tests and/or being fed Recovery. They're getting too old for this malarkey!

Thumper's been okay since but yesterday wasn't herself again :roll:, lying down, refusing most food though did accept a mint leaf, but I did give her some pain relief and luckily within the hour was fine and was absolutely fine all day and since.

They're off on their jollies tomorrow as we're off on ours on Thursday.

As soon as they see the pet carrier they'll fly into panic mode and their stress levels will hit the roof in a nano second and they'll be like that all through the journey and until they arrive at the destination (only about 10 minutes away), but hopefully once settled into their massive hutch they'll start and calm down.

I'm just worried (probably for nothing) that it'll set Thumper off again. Although the boarder has lots of other animals for them to watch and who come to say hello, like cats (oddly enough they don't mind the resident cats and yet go nuts when a cat comes by at home) and chickens. So with luck they'll settle quickly and be fine.

Oh, and Thumper found the leftover peanuts from the pigeons on the patio today before I realised. I don't think she ate many as luck would have it she's a very slow eater and they've had peanuts before, but it's like oh blimey, if you're unwell tomorrow I'll know why!

Please tell me I'm being silly! :lol:

Thumper wasn't well last week as you know, ending up at the emergency vets overnight.

She recovered but took her time about it - as did Coco - they were tired for a couple of days as of course they'd both had a very disturbed and traumatic night with Thumper being repeatedly taken away for tests and/or being fed Recovery. They're getting too old for this malarkey!

Thumper's been okay since but yesterday wasn't herself again :roll:, lying down, refusing most food though did accept a mint leaf, but I did give her some pain relief and luckily within the hour was fine and was absolutely fine all day and since.

They're off on their jollies tomorrow as we're off on ours on Thursday.

As soon as they see the pet carrier they'll fly into panic mode and their stress levels will hit the roof in a nano second and they'll be like that all through the journey and until they arrive at the destination (only about 10 minutes away), but hopefully once settled into their massive hutch they'll start and calm down.

I'm just worried (probably for nothing) that it'll set Thumper off again. Although the boarder has lots of other animals for them to watch and who come to say hello, like cats (oddly enough they don't mind the resident cats and yet go nuts when a cat comes by at home) and chickens. So with luck they'll settle quickly and be fine.

Oh, and Thumper found the leftover peanuts from the pigeons on the patio today before I realised. I don't think she ate many as luck would have it she's a very slow eater and they've had peanuts before, but it's like oh blimey, if you're unwell tomorrow I'll know why!

Please tell me I'm being silly! :lol:

I can't tell you you're being silly, because I would be the same. And I couldn't possibly describe myself as silly :)

But seriously - your boarder has good knowledge of rabbits and such like? If so, then there's nothing (well almost nothing) to worry about, as they will be in good hands. And therefore you should not worry, and enjoy yourselves.

It's natural to be concerned. Most of us would be, even if there hadn't been any worrying moments beforehand.

You'll get regular updates whilst away? How long are you going for? x

I can't tell you you're being silly, because I would be the same. And I couldn't possibly describe myself as silly :)

But seriously - your boarder has good knowledge of rabbits and such like? If so, then there's nothing (well almost nothing) to worry about, as they will be in good hands. And therefore you should not worry, and enjoy yourselves.

It's natural to be concerned. Most of us would be, even if there hadn't been any worrying moments beforehand.

You'll get regular updates whilst away? How long are you going for? x

Thank you, MM, yes, she's had bunnies herself for a number of years and has been a boarder for years too - has had ours for about 4 now I think, several times in fact and I trust her implicitly. She knows what to look out for illness wise and does give regular text updates and/or photos via Facebook too. She knows about Thumper's history and I will tell her that she wasn't well last week and yesterday (which will make her think :? but at least she'll know - it'd be rather unfair of me not to tell her).

She's got them for a week, Tuesday to Wednesday (that's actually 8 days, not overnight! :lol:). We don't actually go away until Thursday so it gives them 2 full days to settle in before we leave, and of course she has copies of the insurance certificates and our normal vet details and my phone number, and I send the metacam too, just in case.

I'm sure all will be well, but we can't help worrying can we :roll:?

Thank you, MM, yes, she's had bunnies herself for a number of years and has been a boarder for years too - has had ours for about 4 now I think, several times in fact and I trust her implicitly. She knows what to look out for illness wise and does give regular text updates and/or photos via Facebook too. She knows about Thumper's history and I will tell her that she wasn't well last week and yesterday (which will make her think :? but at least she'll know - it'd be rather unfair of me not to tell her).

She's got them for a week, Tuesday to Wednesday (that's actually 8 days, not overnight! :lol:). We don't actually go away until Thursday so it gives them 2 full days to settle in before we leave, and of course she has copies of the insurance certificates and our normal vet details and my phone number, and I send the metacam too, just in case.

I'm sure all will be well, but we can't help worrying can we :roll:?

Yeah, quite normal to worry!

You will feel better once you get a good report for tomorrow evening from the boarder. She sounds like a treasure :)

Yeah, quite normal to worry!

You will feel better once you get a good report for tomorrow evening from the boarder. She sounds like a treasure :)

Yes, you're right :), thank you x

Once they've settled in tomorrow and had their tea, I'll be fine. She is a treasure, I don't think I'd trust my bunnies with anyone else now, other than the vet!

Completely normal to be worried. Glad you'll send the metacam with her - first sign of being funny and she can have a dose which will hopefully be enough to catch anything before it becomes serious xx

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Dropped them off this morning and their faces were like "well, this isn't the vet!". They settled fine and seemed okay when I left, eating hay and having a poke about.

I'll text the boarder later though she'll probably put a photo up on FB too at some point when she has a moment (if she hasn't already; I've not checked) and will obviously check in tomorrow and before we leave on Thursday, but at this exact moment in time of typing, I'm happy and relaxed about the state of health and happiness of my bunnies :).

Dropped them off this morning and their faces were like "well, this isn't the vet!". They settled fine and seemed okay when I left, eating hay and having a poke about.

I'll text the boarder later though she'll probably put a photo up on FB too at some point when she has a moment (if she hasn't already; I've not checked) and will obviously check in tomorrow and before we leave on Thursday, but at this exact moment in time of typing, I'm happy and relaxed about the state of health and happiness of my bunnies :).

Aaawww they was having you on Angie :lol:

Sounds very good to me :thumb:

Hope you have a super time away :D

Thank you! x

The boarder hasn't updated FB yet, probably either a) hasn't had chance, or b) most likely they dived off every time they saw the camera, so I'll text her in a mo, make sure all is well (it probably is).

Back