• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ginormous Rabbit - Lugs

Bobtails has a HUGE rabbit up for adoption.

His name is Lugs and he is MASSIVE.

His is a sad story. He belonged to a girl of 9 who wanted 9 Giant Rabbits.
Very wealthy horrible parents bought them for her.

Wealth does not neccesarily equal common sense or kindness.

:roll: Same old, same old. Girl gets bored. Bunny gets neglected.

When Delia arrived to rescue them, some had already "been done by the flies".
One had died of fright... apparently broken it's own neck trying to escape handling.
She waited for the owner to bring her the rabbits.

He did. By the ears!
He was carrying a giant rabbit around by the ears and couldn't understand why Delia was freaking! :shock:

This poor buns left ear is so badly dislocated and all the ligaments torn that both his ears now fall on the right side of his head.

He is only young. Under a year old. Shiney chocolatey brown. Very loveable and floppy. I think he is a big as a dog but Delia says he's not finished growing. Oh my God.

I'm sorry but don't you just want to pick that man up by his ears and see if he likes it. Some people are just unbelivable.
Poor bunny, I hope this big boy finds a wonderful forever home.

Holly Go-Lightly said:
Bobtails has a HUGE rabbit up for adoption.

His name is Lugs and he is MASSIVE.

Ooh. I think I know a certain boy who might be interested.

Will his ears be floppy forever, or can they recover? Poor thing. We're really more interested in temperament than looks, but we can't adopt for a while. If he's still around when we move though we might come for a look see.

Poor bunny. :cry:

Where in the world is Bobtails? As Bertie said, I'm interested in a giant bunny, and I'd not begrudge a bunny a floppy ear. Besides, it sounds like he could do with a break. :(

Holly Go-Lightly said:
She waited for the owner to bring her the rabbits.

He did. By the ears!
He was carrying a giant rabbit around by the ears and couldn't understand why Delia was freaking! :shock:

This poor buns left ear is so badly dislocated and all the ligaments torn that both his ears now fall on the right side of his head.

quote]

I'd love to see the same thing happen to this cruel man. I believe in "what comes around goes around" so I hope he gets whats coming to him.

Was Lugs the only survivor to escape these conditions?

He could use a break to be honest. Delia loves him and if you visit him and said he is the boy for you, she would keep him until you moved.

He is a very good looking rabbit. His ear "problem" actually makes him look a bit quirky.
I don't know if it's fixable. It would have to be done surgically. I think if it was hurting him, I'd have it done but he seems happy and comfy so prolly wouldn't risk putting him under. If in fact anything could be done in the first place.

I just cringe when I think about this girl having 9 giant rabbits. Good God what were her parents thinking?
They probably fought all the time. Delia said they were kept in squalor on the acreage of this huge million pound house. They had dogs chained up etc. It was awful.

They gave Delia a £5 donation to take the rabbits away. They want a slap, they really do.

Holly Go-Lightly said:
He could use a break to be honest. Delia loves him and if you visit him and said he is the boy for you, she would keep him until you moved.

That's not a bad idea. And it's yet another excuse to go and see rabbits. Which is always a good thing. Plus then we could discuss housing for him in advance (got quite a few places bookmarked too).

He is a very good looking rabbit. His ear "problem" actually makes him look a bit quirky.
I don't know if it's fixable. It would have to be done surgically. I think if it was hurting him, I'd have it done but he seems happy and comfy so prolly wouldn't risk putting him under. If in fact anything could be done in the first place.

I'd agree; if it's not bothering him then I'd leave it.

They gave Delia a £5 donation to take the rabbits away. They want a slap, they really do.

Sounds like they want an RSPCA visit. Probably too late to do much good now though. :(

[quote="Andi, Boy of Destiny
That's not a bad idea. And it's yet another excuse to go and see rabbits. Which is always a good thing. Plus then we could discuss housing for him in advance (got quite a few places bookmarked too).
Risky! I have never left without a rabbit.

BUT Jim is a very handy fella and they have all sorts of different types of housing there. Very clever ideas for buns.

When are you guys moving? Where to in Surrey? All the best rabbits are in Surrey imo tbh :lol:

Holly Go-Lightly said:
When are you guys moving? Where to in Surrey? All the best rabbits are in Surrey imo tbh :lol:

Dunno when; the mortgage people keep messing up and the vendors are being slow. Hopefully a few more weeks at most. And to Guildford; nice 3-bed semi with a garden and two lofts and everything.

There will be a dedicated Rabbitorium for the little fuzzballs to play in, and the giant will most likely have his hutch in the enormous utility room and then most of the house to play in most of the day.

Andi said:
Holly Go-Lightly said:

Dunno when; the mortgage people keep messing up and the vendors are being slow. Hopefully a few more weeks at most. And to Guildford; nice 3-bed semi with a garden and two lofts and everything.

There will be a dedicated Rabbitorium for the little fuzzballs to play in, and the giant will most likely have his hutch in the enormous utility room and then most of the house to play in most of the day.

Coolio. I work in Guildford with Avaya. Your new house sounds perfect.

Lucky buns! I wish I had a rabbitorium. Although I could never let all 10 into at the same time anyway so maybe I better stick with my current set-up. I considered adopting Lugs yesterday but I thought he might squish Jods :lol:

We could easily pop in and visit the chap if you want to see if he's the bunny for you.

If he is the one Andi wants, we could contribute towards his upkeep until we can take him home. Do you know if he's neutered? If not, and he's the one we pick, we can pay for the op if the rescue gets it done so he's ready when we collect him.

Holly Go-Lightly said:
Lucky buns! I wish I had a rabbitorium. Although I could never let all 10 into at the same time anyway so maybe I better stick with my current set-up. I considered adopting Lugs yesterday but I thought he might squish Jods :lol:

We're hoping that the four living-room bunnies and the two bathroom-bunnies will live together with minimal bloodshed, given that it'll be neutral territory...

Andi said:
We're hoping that the four living-room bunnies and the two bathroom-bunnies will live together with minimal bloodshed, given that it'll be neutral territory...

It'll be fine. Trust me. :D We'll divvy up the room between them so they're living next door to each other, but in constant sniffing distance, and eventually they'll be so used to each other they'll forget to fight. Plus, if you get your giant bunny, they'll be so afraid of the behemoth outside that they'll immediately reach an amicable agreement so as to combine their forces against this new furry terror.

Bertie said:
Plus, if you get your giant bunny, they'll be so afraid of the behemoth outside that they'll immediately reach an amicable agreement so as to combine their forces against this new furry terror.

Will we do the same?

Just had a look on Bobtails about Lugs, and found this:

Lugs
Lugs is a 1 year old neutered male agouti English lop, he is a extremely large bunny approx 6kgs. He came from a home where he was housed with other giant rabbits and had been badly treated. When we went to collect these rabbits their owner opened the hutch and proceeded to pick Lugs up by his ears! Subsequently he does have damage to his ears, they both lop the same side of his head! This chap was originally very nervous and would not even venture out of the hutch, but he is getting braver by the day, and is now beginning to love a fuss and cuddle.

So from that, it looks as though Lugs isn't a Giant, but an English Lop! Some English Lops are born with ears that naturally lop to the same side... not suitable for show of course, but thought I should mention it.

It would be nice to see a photo, though!

Back