• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies, bunnies everywhere

Monty's Human

Alpha Buck
So, having gone from one bunny who was recalcitrant about coming out even for food, and would typically only pop out to carry whatever I was offering him back to his lair (which caused a great deal of mirth, I must confess, and I fear wounded his pride!) I now have two bonded bunnies and they both. follow me. everywhere.

How do other people cope with this?! I can't walk! I can't move! I swung my desk chair around a moment ago and ended up with two bunnies trying to climb my legs looking for treats and strokes. Every time I walk into and out of a room they try and follow me and if I dare to stand still for more than a few seconds one of them will come haring up, quickly followed by the other, to pin me into place and blackmail me into feeding them.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore it :D I love having two such happy bunnies who clearly know me for the soft touch I am! But I don't always spot them in time, and a couple of times they've nearly brought me over. I've also caught them a couple of times, and I don't want to accidentally hurt them :( (I don't think it helps that I then feel so guilty I give them each a treat to apologise. I swear Monty knows this and deliberately tries to get too much underfoot!) Do you ever get used to walking with rabbits dogging your every footstep? Are there any good secret tips for stopping them getting quite so hyper by me uncrossing and recrossing my legs? Or am I now signed up to a life of illicit treat dealing to buy my freedom? :D

So, having gone from one bunny who was recalcitrant about coming out even for food, and would typically only pop out to carry whatever I was offering him back to his lair (which caused a great deal of mirth, I must confess, and I fear wounded his pride!) I now have two bonded bunnies and they both. follow me. everywhere.

How do other people cope with this?! I can't walk! I can't move! I swung my desk chair around a moment ago and ended up with two bunnies trying to climb my legs looking for treats and strokes. Every time I walk into and out of a room they try and follow me and if I dare to stand still for more than a few seconds one of them will come haring up, quickly followed by the other, to pin me into place and blackmail me into feeding them.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore it :D I love having two such happy bunnies who clearly know me for the soft touch I am! But I don't always spot them in time, and a couple of times they've nearly brought me over. I've also caught them a couple of times, and I don't want to accidentally hurt them :( (I don't think it helps that I then feel so guilty I give them each a treat to apologise. I swear Monty knows this and deliberately tries to get too much underfoot!) Do you ever get used to walking with rabbits dogging your every footstep? Are there any good secret tips for stopping them getting quite so hyper by me uncrossing and recrossing my legs? Or am I now signed up to a life of illicit treat dealing to buy my freedom? :D

:D:D

Have you heard of the House Rabbit Shuffle?

It does seem to get worse when there's treats involved!

You are not alone:

http://www.binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/123740/Default.aspx

http://www.binkybunny.com/FORUM/tabid/54/aft/148700/Default.aspx

I hope you don't develop hind leg paresis through trying to avoid the little blighters :lol:

Last edited:
:D:D

Have you heard of the House Rabbit Shuffle?

I have not, but I think I plan on developing it soon! :lol: Monty did circle us a lot pre-neuter, but always at the same time of day, so we knew he was coming. Now it's carnage! I'm getting into the routine of putting their morning's fresh hay down before trying to escape and make a cup of tea, but carrying full-to-the-brim cups of boiling water now requires skills that I just didn't develop as a waitress. I always thought I was pretty steady on my feet through years of lugging half a restaurant's worth of dishes around all day, but there have been a couple of very near misses! (Never for the rabbits, I hasten to add. I always make sure that it's only me who'll be scalded if things go wrong :D)

It's the speed at which they run which terrifies me! They come cannonballing into me, and how that alone doesn't hurt them I don't know (hurts me on occasion!) But I suppose decorous bunnies are a bit of an oxymoron...

No advice, but my Mum was always tripping over my bridge bunny Smudge who free ranged in the garden. She'd come to investigate what was going on when she was hanging out the washing and of course having sheets etc dangling in front of her Mum would never see her. I can only think that a bun would learn to keep away if they are constantly getting knocked or accidentally kicked. Oh well, like they say on the lottery adverts, nicer problems to have!

Oh bless, they must really love you ! (or the treats :lol:) sounds like they work as a team, you're right under the paw ! :lol:
Seriously, if you're worried about spilling hot drinks over yourself, try one of those thermos mugs that come with a lid !

I fear it's the treats they're after Pets mum! :D Knowing me, I'd just knock off the lid and then spill it down myself - if I can spill something, I will!

tlcwrites, I am stealing that and adapting it. I shall have my own fluffy ninjas! Or perhaps bandits is more fitting given how many treats they mug me of :D

I fear it's the treats they're after Pets mum! :D Knowing me, I'd just knock off the lid and then spill it down myself - if I can spill something, I will!

tlcwrites, I am stealing that and adapting it. I shall have my own fluffy ninjas! Or perhaps bandits is more fitting given how many treats they mug me of :D

So the answer is .... Day long treaties :lol:

(and two very very wide buns)

So the answer is .... Day long treaties :lol:

(and two very very wide buns)

I think Monty knows what I have been saying and thinks I am slandering him. They get a treat mid-morning (I have my fruit then, and they get very grumpy if they can smell fruit but don't have anything nice of their own. I make their treat more rabbit-diet friendly, though!) and this morning, rather than joining Ossie in a frenzy of eating dried grass and throwing it around everywhere, he took the time to come up to me, stand up to his full height, put a tiny, tiny furry paw on each side of my knee-cap, and reach right up so that I could kiss his forehead - all completely unprompted :D I am ignoring that I still had the bag in my hand, and assuming that this was just a little thank you from him - in which case, I have utterly wronged him with my assumptions about why he is so keen to knock me over all the time! :lol:

(I am trying very, very hard to avoid wide bunnies though!)

Back