• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny Beds, Piccies as requested

Thumps

Alpha Buck
As requested by Andi, BB and Adele and anyone else who interested here's some piccies of what can be done with the PWS GreenLine Panel and the storage cube panels. Please excuse the floor Im waiting on some lino being delivered.
194084573QiZUof_ph.jpg
Thats Coco's bed which has been made using the PWS Panels. The size of it is 140 cms long by 70 cms wide and 90 cms high. Where the cardboard is is his shelf which he does sit on but tends to bounce on and off when he's about to be fed. Coco is about 3/4 of the size of a frenchie and Jasper who used to share with him isn't far off being the same size and they both had lots of space. This bed is made of 8 and a half panels, the half being the shelf. A pack of 8 is £46 from PWS just now. I was too lazy to sort the top of it so I have used 2 panels and laid one on top of the other rather than trimming it to size. Each panel is 90 x 70 cms. So if I had trimmed the top panel to size and used the off cut as a shelf it would have been 8 panels in total.
194084512ilFpHP_th.jpg
This is Chloe and Boos bed which was made in an emergency when I went from 6 to 10 bunnies. Using the smaller panels it has 2 levels, they have to jump up and down between the levels through a gap. They both manage it well though as they are both just about 2. I was (still am) running out of space and needed to have the space for a communal litter tray, which is the base of an old indoor cage and it fits in perfect. They all know its there and have no probs getting in and out, if they did I would saw away a gap for them. They can easily manage to jump up to the door to get in and out. Everything is held together by cable ties which work well as its easy to cut them and do whatever and then cable tie them closed again. All the bed doors have catches, some are the same kind of clips used for dog leads and other are like the rock climbing snap open things, arrrggghh can't remeber what they are called sorry.
194084614Wymfhn_th.jpg

This was orignally 1 bed but has now been sectioned off into 2 as Jasper needs her own space and peace. It has 3 levels, the mid level is 2/3 the size of the overall bed so downstairs can be the toilet area and upstairs is a living-bedroom. I have sectioned it off by placing 2 panels and blocking off the middle level. The panels are placed so Jessie and Moo can still get to the first bit. Sorry if this makes no sense it's quite difficult to explain.
Ok heres a better idea, the ideas aren't mine I used these ones and changed a few bits I think have a look here for a way better picture http://princessblackie.homestead.com/ I have all sorts of variations on the beds over the last 2 years. One even looked like a barn, it was for 2 Netherlands who didn't need the masses of space. Never thought to dig that piccie out.
Have fun, the ideas will start flowing once you have seen that site.
Angela
Edit, Sod it I don't get this piccies malarky click the webshots link, the piccies are they and you'll figure it out.

Hi there

Way cools. I`m thinking of making more accommodation by adding bits I can find too. I like the idea of multi levels. I do this at the mo with a towel pegged into the cage:)

bronie

I have cable ties on things (puppy pen setup) but I sometimes get kinda nervous they will eat them. I luckly have a non eater atm lets see what the gf turns out like.

We have just ordered a bunk bed for our cats. So we can setup the bunnies run below and keep maximum space so seeing these ideas is cool. Where did you buy these? I don't get the shop name. Looked in costco today with no luck.

AmberUK said:
I have cable ties on things (puppy pen setup) but I sometimes get kinda nervous they will eat them. I luckly have a non eater atm lets see what the gf turns out like.

We have cable ties holding cardboard onto the tops of the bunnies cages so they don't get their feet caught in the bars. Or rather we used to. Ours are chewers. They ate all the cardboard, but they never showed any interest in the cable ties.

Brony your bunnies must be as light as feathers, my fat heffalumps would fall through a towel pegged up :lol:

http://pwsgreenline.co.uk/webstore/default.php/cPath/29?osCsid=14b45acbc27cd2a44a89e410d03af988 These guys sell the green panels which I have used in some of the beds. They are pretty good. They can be sawed down to make them smaller, just takes a wee bit of effort to do.
OUt of 10 rabbits, Angel has only nibbled one or two cable ties in the last 6 months, so not bad going but I have 2 or 3 cable ties on each bit so if 1 gets nibbled the bunny isn't going to escape plus each door has 2 clips on it or is closed in a funny way which makes it impossible to open for both bunnies and me :lol:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=723 that should take you to the other discussion about the panels and where to get them.

Angela

I moved my mob into the house yesterday for the winter.
Such crappy weather down in Surrey this autumn.

I also use the PWS greenline panels.

Here is a piccie of 1 side of my upstairs living room. The other side looks the same. I like the idea of different levels but I would have to put roofs on. Right now I can step into the unit easily for cleaning cuddles and food.

DSCF2043.jpg

Out of my 10, none of them chew the cable ties.

My mob are on the 3rd floor of my house (James and I spend most of our time here). I use the plastic under-the-bed wheelie storage units for litter trays. They come with a lid and they are lighter than hutches. The lid makes a useful barrier between runs. It is so much easier, and I don't spill hay all down the stairs.

Oh Holly your gaint picture makes the thread all big and weird!

Oh its awful weather here too in Hampshire, but then I am right at the top almost in Surrey.

Nice setup.

I have the puppy pens and they do give you great size. I have one side kinda free to use as a door but I find they clank together in a horride way and scare the bunnie. Probs cos I don't have them too ridged. I have them inside and outside and both sets have rusted slightly where they have rubbed together. And they scratched by nice new floor (was suposed ot be hardcore too ;-((( ) Good news is since the floor went down the bunnie doesn't wee on it now, maybe he only likes soft things under his bum when he makes a mess?

Amber bunnies :love: to pee on anything soft!!! Harley keeps escaping his bed and widdling all over my bed. Little Monster he is.

HGL, that looks good. I have noticed a few people using storage boxes like that for litter trays. What blooming good idea, so much cheaper than proper trays and much more flexible. P@H is £8 for a largeish rimmed litter tray which is great for diggers and over the side pee-ers, these storage boxes are about half the price! Think I will have to invest in some.

HGL doesn't any of your jump out of them beds?

Angela

Holly Go-Lightly said:
I moved my mob into the house yesterday for the winter.
Such crappy weather down in Surrey this autumn.

I also use the PWS greenline panels.

Here is a piccie of 1 side of my upstairs living room. The other side looks the same. I like the idea of different levels but I would have to put roofs on. Right now I can step into the unit easily for cleaning cuddles and food.

DSCF2043.jpg

Out of my 10, none of them chew the cable ties.

My mob are on the 3rd floor of my house (James and I spend most of our time here). I use the plastic under-the-bed wheelie storage units for litter trays. They come with a lid and they are lighter than hutches. The lid makes a useful barrier between runs. It is so much easier, and I don't spill hay all down the stairs.

how big are those pens? they dont look very big,do you let them out for arun around too?

Holly Go-Lightly said:
[quote="bluebunny] how big are those pens? they dont look very big,do you let them out for arun around too?
Nope. I keep them in tiny cages so I can get them fat and boil them for supper. :twisted

self basters!

Big litter trays are cool, I was going to try a dog bed but they all have holes in.

No Seriously,

The beds are 3ft x 3 ft with no roof.
They do not jump out. My buns seem to like not having a roof.

They are allowed out during the day in the house and outside on a rotation. This is a piccie of their outdoor run.

run5.jpg

They also have 3 story hutches outside with hutch huggers and a 4ft run at the bottom. There is a Wendy House connected to a 6ft x2ft hutch with a catflap as well.

I just like them in at night out of the rain and cold.

Wow i like that bit they have fenced off in the garden that looks great! did you use the same panels for the indoor cages?

Wow thats really cool setup! I have the same panels but as a 1x2 cubic thingie with a roof but I get no interaction. I am going to make it bigger but I find that he poos in a corner and it gets all grim. My bunnie seems to get the runs from grass :oops: how do you cope with that? Do they have a toilet area?

I used the same PWS panels for the outdoor run but I also bought the "spike" packge for fixing them permanently.

I have laid railway sleepers along the fences so they can't dig under. Much more reliable than chicken wire. And cheaper if you can believe it.

I have 2 hutches in the run for shade, not for living. These are full of fresh hay and their food bowls.

Recently I have added a lighthouse (it lights up at night!) that they can hide in and a few tacky garden gnomes for company.

All 10 buns go poo in different places. I usually just rake it in the grass and it disappears after it rains. The run is pretty big and the back bit is covered in wood chips from the local tree surgery. The poos tend to fall down through these.

WOW. HgL Your set up is excellant!! Given me loads of ideas.

I use the pws panel as an indoor enclosure for Blueberry but she jumps out so I have to put two panels on top.

home2.jpg

Back