• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Heart Beat BOOM BOOM BOOM!!

Mubby

Banned
can someone tell me about rabbits heart beats , sometimes Mubby will just be laying there and his heart will start beating really fast and his whole body trembles!

also sometimes when i pick him up he starts this too i always think its coz he is scared but I dont think he is scared!! as he is the one that comes to me! :?

does worry me sometimes that my little hunny bunny is all a fluster! :cry:

Well according to one site bunnies have a heart rate of 130-325BPM so no wonder they always look scared!

Even resting my bunnie always looks like they are breathing fast, can you see the heart? Anyhow all of it looks fast. I always try and do it all by a relative system ie what they normally look like and what they change to. Though my bunnie is still pretty jumpy he seems to calm down quicker now which I think is a good sign.

Maybe Mubby is tired from chasing the sock thing? ;-)

sometimes Mubby will just be laying there and his heart will start beating really fast and his whole body trembles!

That exactly what Blueberry does. Don't know why either.

Back