• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord H Again :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
He is having a serious relapse of his chronic GI tract problem. I came down at 0400hrs to find his enclosure absolutely covered in diarrhoea, as was he. It was even all in his ears :cry: This is the worst I have ever seen him apart from when he first began showing signs of a problem about 3 years ago. Even then I dont think I have seen so much diarrhoea.

He was immediately put onto fluids, even though he was amazingly bright within himself. How this can be I really dont know. From the scene I was initially met with I would have expected him to be at death's door. We have a treatment plan for him and I just hope that his bright demeanour is not a red herring and that he can get through this relapse. I have absolutely no idea what caused it.

I also hope that the GI tract relapse does not trigger more seizures.

Any spare RU vibes would be much appreciated xx

Millions of vibes for Lord H. (Also some for you Jane).

I'm glad you're so speedy at getting him a treatment plan. Is it possible he got hold of some food he doesn't normally get? (I know you're incredibly careful but it's the only thing I could imagine?)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh goodness, poor boy. The only consolation is that he has such a knowledgeable and caring owner as you to give him the very best care. I don't envy you the cleaning up though. I hope he recovers, sending lots and lots of vibes and love xxx

Oh gosh what a shock, poor Lord H. I hope he continues to feel ok within himself. I haven't really seen rabbit diarrhoea, lots of smears and large blobs from Mr B though, think I would be in blind panic if I saw diarrhoea. It's sad when their guts are so delicate, like Lord H, but he is so fortunate to have you as his carer, without you he may not be here.

Sending millions of vibes. Xxx

Thanks everyone. He is just on hay, water and a few blackberry leaves at the moment. He is now passing semi formed very large oval fecal poo. He's drinking loads, but given how much fluid he must have lost I am not surprised. He is on longer on SQ fluids.

Sending loads of vibes for Lord H. It sounds very distressing. Poor little chap :(

I hope he continues to improve.

Oh my word Jane, I've only just seen this. What a horrible experience for you both :(

Sending lots of love and get well wishes from me and Rhodri xxx

Poor little guy :( any ideas what could've cause it? Hope he gets better soon xx

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Back