• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello old friends... and a grooming question.

Jolysium

Mama Doe
Hi everyone! :wave:

I wonder if anyone remembers me, I kind of fell off the face of the earth of this website for a couple of years. Happy to still be able to log in!

Remembered it when I was wondering whether you can safely use those silicone grooming gloves they advertise for cats and dogs on bunnies - anyone tried it or want to tell me why I absolutely shouldn't?

Thanks!
Jo

Last edited:

I wonder if anyone remembers me, I kind of fell off the face of the earth of this website for a couple of years. Happy to still be able to log in!

Remembered it when I was wondering whether you can safely use those silicone grooming gloves they advertise for cats and dogs on bunnies - anyone tried it or want to tell me why I absolutely shouldn't?

Thanks!
Jo

Hello :wave: I remember you :wave: I've not seen those so not sure tbh. I know furminaters and similar are not good as they tear bunnies skin :shock:

Thanks!
Jo

Hi there Jo, I remember you :wave:

I haven't used one of those gloves, but I (and loads of others) swear by the Rosewood grooming comb:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosewood-Protection-Salon-Grooming-Moulting/dp/B001GU4Y2I

Hi Zoobec and MightyMax, thanks for your replies and very nice to see some familiar names!

Will have a look at that link. Harribunny has some weird arrested moulting problem for a few years now and nothing seems to help so he constantly looks really scruffy!

I haven't used a glove, but have used this Rosewood rubber brush: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosewood-Protection-Salon-Grooming-Rubber/dp/B001GJSEI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501745147&sr=8-1&keywords=rosewood+rubber+brush

I found it brilliant for everyday grooming - my bridge bun Kirsty absolutely loved it, I think it must have felt like a massage! It distributed all of the natural oils in his fur really nicely and made his fur super soft and glossy!
The only thing I would be careful of is that it can tug on their skin if you're not careful - which makes me think that a glove might prove a bit too rough for rabbits. :)

I haven't used a glove, but have used this Rosewood rubber brush: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rosewood-Protection-Salon-Grooming-Rubber/dp/B001GJSEI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501745147&sr=8-1&keywords=rosewood+rubber+brush

I found it brilliant for everyday grooming - my bridge bun Kirsty absolutely loved it, I think it must have felt like a massage! It distributed all of the natural oils in his fur really nicely and made his fur super soft and glossy!
The only thing I would be careful of is that it can tug on their skin if you're not careful - which makes me think that a glove might prove a bit too rough for rabbits. :)
Thanks very much, I'll check that out [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

To be fair, of late, I've used the 'plucking' technique.

It's been kinder than a brush or comb and is very efficient and quick.

Back