• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Talk of a fourth bunny

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I've noticed OH increasingly raising the subject of getting another bunny. I'm broody for another too. Since moving downstairs my trio are a little fragmented. Its now just as common to see only 2 bunnies cuddled up & the other snoozing elsewhere. Now this observation has become a really good excuse to rescue a fourth bun.

Please talk me out of it RU

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.
(If you can afford it. Do it. Do it.

oh, discourage you... oh. erm.... don't do it.

P.s. Do it!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I've noticed OH increasingly raising the subject of getting another bunny. I'm broody for another too. Since moving downstairs my trio are a little fragmented. Its now just as common to see only 2 bunnies cuddled up & the other snoozing elsewhere. Now this observation has become a really good excuse to rescue a fourth bun.

Please talk me out of it RU

I can only say, don't do it :)

Truly, and meaningfully, and honestly - don't!

Noooooooo! I'm jealous :lol: If I had a willing other person, I'd jump at the chance. I could have a white uppy-eared rabbit (but I don't think my 3 very closely bonded ones would like another friend):D Or I could have a completely new family in different accommodation:D

Sorry, this is becoming all about my desires :oops:

No, I'll not talk you out of it. I think you should do it.

More please :wave: Why not?(I know why not but think it'd be useful to see it in b&W )

Probably because there's a chance they won't bond? And then what? Tbh it's the only thing that stops me getting another, as I could get "approval" to do that :(

Noooooooo! I'm jealous :lol: If I had a willing other person, I'd jump at the chance. I could have a white uppy-eared rabbit (but I don't think my 3 very closely bonded ones would like another friend):D Or I could have a completely new family in different accommodation:D

Sorry, this is becoming all about my desires :oops:

No, I'll not talk you out of it. I think you should do it.

Omi :shock: Can I, can I really? You reckon it'll be ok ? :lol: And if it isn't I could send you Boo, her ears could be uppy if you tied them together with a ribbon

If we were to get a fourth bunny the timing would be good. Lots of neutral rooms -ok Boo has seen them all on her daily inspections but they will smell different once decorated & look different once the right stuff is in them.

Right, sensible hat on here:)

Only you know or can guess how your rabbits would react. If their bond isn't perfect at the moment, I'm not sure that indicates that they would be willing to tolerate another.

I have three, not only bonded but related, who are exceptionally close. They appear because of this to be very gentle and tolerant. However, I could well imagine that they could change if I upset their happy family. I also couldn't do it to Tan. She's 8 next month, becoming a bit more frail and being the female would probably dislike it the most. It's not fair.

So I think no-one can really judge whether it would work for you, but you have probably got the best opinion.

Right, sensible hat on here:)

Only you know or can guess how your rabbits would react. If their bond isn't perfect at the moment, I'm not sure that indicates that they would be willing to tolerate another.

I have three, not only bonded but related, who are exceptionally close. They appear because of this to be very gentle and tolerant. However, I could well imagine that they could change if I upset their happy family. I also couldn't do it to Tan. She's 8 next month, becoming a bit more frail and being the female would probably dislike it the most. It's not fair.

So I think no-one can really judge whether it would work for you, but you have probably got the best opinion.

that's more like it. I don't want to upset my princess Boo. I'm as confident as you could be Mouse will bond to any bunny & she is used to group living. Joey is an unknown, I've bonded him 3 times & he has been a star but then he has always been top rabbit so if new bun wanted to be top I might see a different side to him & he might not like boy buns

Oh J&B I know that broody feeling all too well! I would really love a trio or quad and have thought about it a lot so I thought I'd share some of my musings in case it's any help!

1) My current pair definitely prefer rabbit company to human. Does this mean they would want and happily accept new bunny friends?
2) They have a very close bond already and I would feel awful if I introduced more bunnies and it caused their bond to break. Also would they prefer to stay as a tight knit couple?
3) Space: I live in a small open plan flat so if the worst were to happen and I ended up with three or four single buns accommodating them all separately would be a logistical nightmare and would severely restrict the space they'd have.
4) The right bunny: a submissive male could possibly work. Snoopy's previous partner was a boy so I know he could potentially live with another male. Fudgie is a territorial bossy white female bunny and is an unknown quantity when it comes to other females!

So the upshot is that for me adding another feels too risky for my circumstances. But if you have a back up plan for accommodation if you ended up with two pairs and you feel adding an extra bunny would benefit your existing buns then I wouldn't dismiss the idea out of hand. I also think if it did turn out to be a tricky bond you definitely have the patience and stamina for it!

Good luck with coming to a decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scrappy :) that's useful & nice to know I'm in good company (the broody for more rabbits club). I haven't much spare times these days either. Awww but I want one. I think technically most people could happily manage a pair upstairs & a pair downstairs. However Boo is "different" - she is very insistent on having access everywhere.

Why are white bunnies so bossy?

Is it Friends where they get to choose a celebrity they can sleep with & should the opportunity come up its fair game? Well we have a rabbit equivalent, if we ever find Ziggy again we can adopt him there and then without consulting each other. Maybe I should just wait to see if he reappears (Ziggy was Boos doppleganger at local pets@home adoption ages ago)

Ah how exciting. I find it amazing people with more than two rabbits, just having Doughnut takes up a lot of my time, especially when she puts her chin on the floor wanting nose rubs for ages!! I have no advice or nothing else to add :)

ever since I posted this they are doing everything together, maybe their way of saying they are happy as a trio

8vETGTMb.jpg

ever since I posted this they are doing everything together, maybe their way of saying they are happy as a trio
:lol: it's like they know!

I often think, aww, I could just help out this rescue by taking on this bun, honestly we can afford one more (we can) and having a trio would be ace. But then I think of Lopsy and Aboleth and their 'marital spats' that happen when one of them doesn't get their own way (idiots) and I reckon I shouldn't go meddling in something I don't really know much about, not being a rabbit and most certainly not being one of those involved.

I'm also not sure I could take the laughter. I nearly killed myself yesterday by hyperventilating when they binkied into each other! XD

Last edited:

8vETGTMb.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh those bunnies and their mind games! Maybe they're saying we're happy as a trio, maybe they're saying we'll look even better as a foursome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they know alright :lol: three it shall be unless we find Ziggy again. Rearranged the lounge floor (series of mismatched rugs & cuddle stations) so they have more spaces to get cosy together

and as I type there has been big kerfuffle, looked round & Mouse humping Joe in litter tray - he didn't like it

Back