• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RR images

Denny

Mama Doe
I know this has nothing to do with RU but all the images on the rabbit rehome pages will not show up on my computer, just have tiny red squares with red cross in middle. All of the other web sites and RU site are all ok. any suggestions?

Perhaps we are not meant to see the pictures to avoid temptation :lol: :lol: either that or we have worn the website out :cry:

Tis strange though

oooo hadn't noticed but I can see some but not all. Could see them all before. Sspect Tam has been upgrading something!!

Yep Lynda's right :) Some of the images that get shown most often are hosted on photobucket to save on bandwidth. Basically thats just the header and the images on the right, though there are a few others dotted around. Photobucket is experiencing problems so they're not showing at the moment.

I'd like to reasure those that are getting cute bunny photo withdrawl that if they proceed to the pages with the details of bunnies looking for homes those photos should still be available :D

Thanks for leting me know though, occationally it is me breaking things instead :D

Tam

My other half keeps complaining about the amount of 'cookies' we obtain, it slows down the computer terribly to the point other half has to defragment on a regular basis. Is photo bucket the cause of this?

Anti virus does inform me that the photobucket and mucho are not secure sites with a pop up message

I am losing some members images attached to their signatures now.

Alot of sites set cookies, they are nescessary when you login somewhere to remember that you have logged in. So when you log in to RU a little cookie is put on saying 'this user is logged in' if the cookie isn't present then you get taken back to the login page. Photobucket would add a cookie if you logged in there but probably not if you were just visiting. The same if when you login you tick the 'remember me' option that puts a little cookie on the computer to remember you.

A secure site is one that has encription, this is necessary if your filling in data like credit card details. It doesn't matter if you just uploading photos though.

Defraging your hard disk won't remove cookies , but will tidy other bits up to make it faster. To remove cookies open up Internet Explorer and choose 'Internet Options' from the tools menu. That will pop up a box with lots of options one of which is 'delete cookies'.

Tam

Thanks Tamsin

I understand it now. Oh has always made out its my fault, i'll have to get my revenge on him now :lol: :lol:

Back