• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

scattered litter

pinky

New Kit
Hi

My maiden blue rex mini has just had her first litter and hs scattered them. Really gutted. What are your experiences of this. What should I do about trying her again?

Thanks

Oh sorry didn't explain properly

Yes they are all dead. She had four fair sized babies. All dead and so cold. One was by her food bowl the others were near her but dead all the same. She had not made a nest but when i discovered them the following morning there was evidence of plucked hair in random areas of her sleeping area.

Just wondered whether she is always likely to do this and whether there is certain things i should do if i mate her again.

Hi Matey,

The most knowledgeable people on this subject on this forum "in my opinion" are REXY BEXY and PENDRAGON.

AFAIK they have both bred rabbits before and have a lot of experience. I am sure they can give you good advice.

KR
Andrea

This does happen with 1st litters, don't give up on her yet, give her time to recover then remate her, they usually do just fine with there 2nd litter.

Yvonne

Back