• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else's garden.....?

TheThreeB's

Mama Doe
.... resemble a junk yard :lol:?

I love, love, love our rabbits, but the garden is a state. A mish mash of different sheds, playhouses and runs, unfinished projects, mesh, various pieces of cage, planks of wood, bins full of waste that need taking to the tip :oops:, no nice fresh grass anymore, and a variety of different covers and tarpaulins and all manor of things holding them down! x

.... resemble a junk yard :lol:?

I love, love, love our rabbits, but the garden is a state. A mish mash of different sheds, playhouses and runs, unfinished projects, mesh, various pieces of cage, planks of wood, bins full of waste that need taking to the tip :oops:, no nice fresh grass anymore, and a variety of different covers and tarpaulins and all manor of things holding them down! x

Hmmmmm.... I sympathise!!! My fostering has led to all kinds of sheds/runs/huge dog pens used for rabbits ... etc etc. But ......

This is the summer of my cleaning up the garden :D

I am having three sheds taken down and another large double one built. I have been working day in and day out for a lovely garden and it's just beginning to come together.

Yes :lol: we have 2 tool sheds, a bike shed, goat shed and hay shed and log store in the goats bit. And lots of pieces of wood and fencing in a pile. There's a pile of stuff for burning, which the goats like climbing on :lol: there's also a plastic playhouse which Pumpkin is doing his best to destroy by ramming it with his horns several times a day :lol:

The joys of an indoor bunny! :D Our flat is in a rather horrid state (my mum has horrors whenever she visits) but we keep the outside nice. Unfortunately, even though it's our own private bit, it's open to the communal area, so it's constantly covered in dog droppings that the owner never clears up (from our bit or the communal bit) and cigarette rubbish - but I do my best outside of that to keep it nice...

Ha :lol: Glad I'm not alone. I can't really see a way to make it better, I just kind of move things around. I thought about painting all the sheds etc green so they all match and blend in, but realistically it's probably not going to happen.

It's about to get worse as ive just ordered another run and a 16ft tunnel and connectors :D

The joys of an indoor bunny! :D Our flat is in a rather horrid state (my mum has horrors whenever she visits) but we keep the outside nice. Unfortunately, even though it's our own private bit, it's open to the communal area, so it's constantly covered in dog droppings that the owner never clears up (from our bit or the communal bit) and cigarette rubbish - but I do my best outside of that to keep it nice...

See, I have an indoor bun too :lol: So there's always hay everywhere. Luckily he's good at going to the toilet in his litter trays.

Shame you have to put up with that MH :( x

I don't have outdoor rabbits any more but have Frosty indoors, so yes, there's hay inside too :lol:

I find tall shrubs are useful to disguise some of the less neat areas, and provide shade for the bunnies. It also helps to stop people being so nosey when they go past / look at Google Streetview.

Indeed! I am currently dealing with the fall out from indoor rabbit destruction :evil:

Hay is the least of my worries :lol:

Haha yep, but it's all our own doing, no outdoor bunnies here to blame! Well, I do have a playhouse out there that was for them to move out into but they never did, that is now a storage (junk) shed. I sold their huge aviary to my sister for her chickens, and I have a big hutch on its end holding up the fence from next door that's caving in on us. Heightwise I ordered the wrong size hutch, it was going to cost £85 to send back so I thought I'd sell it, I didn't. OH wrapped it in cling wrap which basically the water that did get in has caused it to rot and now it's no good to anyone.

Ours is definitely a very slow work in progress..... No thanks to issues we've unearthed thanks to the previous owner.

Our garden is small with a lovely rabbit shed/run and lots (lots) of rabbit poo on the lawn and flower beds from their daily free ranging time. The flower beds regularly have huge dog sized holes in (thank you Jojo).

Our dining room is covered in hay and contains a huge guinea pig cage (9 foot by 2 foot) and two large hamster cages, so yes I can relate to what you are saying!

Yes our outside space does resemble a junk yard but its more to do with f.i.l than my rabbits. My lounge frequently resembles a hutch

I'm happy with my garden. ;)

wp_20170626_15_04_42_pro-jpg.65675

I can relate! I hate stuff sitting around though, it makes me feel unsettled too. That's a good word for it, I've never known how to properly explain how it makes me feel lol

A lot of it doesn't even belong to the animals but is just junk that I'm trying to get my family to agree to throw away. Little by little a lot of it has been gotten rid of and this week I'm hoping to get rid of a good bit more - I always try to make sure I go through the stuff outside at least a couple times a month and see what can be gotten rid of at that point in time.

And then there's like gardening stuff etc... we need some sheds, then nothing would be left laying out. I want a small feed shed, a small tool shed/gardening shed, a little bike shed, and a bigger shed for miscellaneous animal supplies/random stuff. All properly organized to my liking. I'd like some sheds for animals as well but for now this would do! :lol:

Back