• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Archie Boo gave us a stressful day...

Mervinius

Mama Doe
Archie our ND is generally a stress free bun and gobbles his food instantly.

Last night he was thumping at 5 30 am, my OH checked on them both and the thumping stopped. This morning Archie or more often called (Boobles) wouldn't eat his pellets....

I let him run up and down the stairs and scent everything in our bedroom (his fav game) for a few hours. He ate two raspberry leaves but refused everything else.

We left them alone to rest for a bit and when I popped back inside he was tummy pressing and looked in pain. Gave him a few tummy rubs, but he didn't look impressed. So phoned the vet and booked an appointment for 3.30pm.

2pm
I made him a warm wheat pillow whilst we waited for the appointment. 10 mins later he stretches and I try him with some plantain leaves....

He eats them and then starts eating the hay, and any other treat remnants he can find!

They are both currently looking at me with cute faces that appear to say...."what you worrying about Mum, we're fine let us out to play on the stairs again!"

I swear they are trying to turn me into a nervous wreck!

Here's a picture of Boobles looking very handsome.

96287cc9cca648b4aff845932dd4484a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

He's lovely :love: I'm pleased that he's feeling better. Three cheers for stairs! Sounds like something scared him doesn't it.

He's lovely :love: I'm pleased that he's feeling better. Three cheers for stairs! Sounds like something scared him doesn't it.
Thanks. He looks a lot happier now and is chilling out with Pip. We've no idea what scared him, but apparently he was staring at the fireplace when my OH went in the room. They thumped the night before too, which they don't normally do. Maybe a bird got in the chimney?

Archie our ND is generally a stress free bun and gobbles his food instantly.

Last night he was thumping at 5 30 am, my OH checked on them both and the thumping stopped. This morning Archie or more often called (Boobles) wouldn't eat his pellets....

I let him run up and down the stairs and scent everything in our bedroom (his fav game) for a few hours. He ate two raspberry leaves but refused everything else.

We left them alone to rest for a bit and when I popped back inside he was tummy pressing and looked in pain. Gave him a few tummy rubs, but he didn't look impressed. So phoned the vet and booked an appointment for 3.30pm.

2pm
I made him a warm wheat pillow whilst we waited for the appointment. 10 mins later he stretches and I try him with some plantain leaves....

He eats them and then starts eating the hay, and any other treat remnants he can find!

They are both currently looking at me with cute faces that appear to say...."what you worrying about Mum, we're fine let us out to play on the stairs again!"

I swear they are trying to turn me into a nervous wreck!

Here's a picture of Boobles looking very handsome.

96287cc9cca648b4aff845932dd4484a.jpg

Butter wouldn't melt!

Does sound like something scared him - glad he's OK though :)

Don't want any more bunny wobbles!

Butter wouldn't melt!

Does sound like something scared him - glad he's OK though :)

Don't want any more bunny wobbles!
Yes that's his perfect pose! It's the "I've been good as gold look".

Yes don't want any more bun troubles. Pip is nearly the end of her EC treatment so fingers crossed that stops the fur pulling!

Luckily she didn't get gas this time (1st time in over a year) I'm thinking the new hay from timothyhay.co.uk helped keep the fur moving along her system. They both long the tasty long strands!

[emoji2]

He is adorable, I love his hands resting on his feet. Glad he is well. Joey has put me through this horror a few times but its always resolved within an hour or so of discovering it (& touch wood not for 2 years now)

Yes don't want any more bun troubles. Pip is nearly the end of her EC treatment so fingers crossed that stops the fur pulling!

Luckily she didn't get gas this time (1st time in over a year) I'm thinking the new hay from timothyhay.co.uk helped keep the fur moving along her system. They both long the tasty long strands!

[emoji2]

This is really good news :D

[emoji2]

Yes, it's amazing, isn't it? I've a nethie, and to see those tough old stands of hay going in is nothing short of miraculous :D

Yes, it's amazing, isn't it? I've a nethie, and to see those tough old stands of hay going in is nothing short of miraculous :D
It's truly an amazing sight. We just love to watch them. We find the chewing sound very relaxing. Sometimes I just lie next to them to hear the munching at full volume!

Back