• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bellas had her mxyi combi vac today and now got loose poop!

Ruthyjones89

Mama Doe
Hi guys,

Me probably stressing sorry, but Bella has been for her combi vaccine earlier today and she's got loose poop. Not horrendous, it's still formed but very very soft compared to her normal golden poops.

She's eaten her pellets and munching on hay, so guessing she's fine and it'll pass hopefully. But anyone else had this?

I've had loads of buns vaccinated and even on her last one, she was absolutely fine!

Thanks xxx

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Me probably stressing sorry, but Bella has been for her combi vaccine earlier today and she's got loose poop. Not horrendous, it's still formed but very very soft combined to her normal golden poops.

She's eaten her pellets and munching on hay, so guessing she's fine and it'll pass hopefully. But anyone else had this?

I've had loads of buns vaccinated and even on her last one, she was absolutely fine!

Thanks xxx

I would not worry too much at this stage. It is probably a combination of the stress of going to the Vet and the heat as much as anything else. As long as she is a good hay eater I'd just keep her on hay only for 24 hours and make sure she drinks well too. Some blackberry leaves may also be useful if you can locate a safe place to forage some x

Thanks Jane, I thought I was probably stressing but thanks for putting my mind at rest.

It was just a huge shock as she's always been an amazing pooper. I'll keep her on hay for the rest of the night for sure and see how she's doing. She had a good drink earlier but I'll keep an eye to make sure she's keeping hydrated! She's currently sitting a little hunched but is cuddling Bailey, and he's been a superstar giving her extra grooming!

Thanks so much! :) xx

Hi guys,

Me probably stressing sorry, but Bella has been for her combi vaccine earlier today and she's got loose poop. Not horrendous, it's still formed but very very soft compared to her normal golden poops.

Thanks xxx

It doesn't usually happen with a vaccine. Perhaps it's a combo of stress and the heat of today. I don't know about where you are, but it's blistering and no let up for weeks here :)

You could give the vet a call and see whether anyone else has reported this to them? Maybe too late now, but tomorrow perhaps ...

If it's still formed, do you think it's 'loose' cecals maybe?

I am sure as she keeps eating normally she should be fine tomorrow. Worry not - you don't need any more bunny issues :)

Thanks mighty Max, she seems to be okay tonight. Still quiet but she's eating and pooping okay now, so maybe it was the heat and stress combined.

We ended up just going to vets4pets where they did a one off surgery and have had bunny after bunny in to vaccinate. So I was worried she may have picked something up maybe. Erm, it could have been ceacals, but reminded me more of after they have anastetic when it's loose and really smelly - was just like that but slightly formed.

Anyways, All good so thank you xx

Thanks mighty Max, she seems to be okay tonight. Still quiet but she's eating and pooping okay now, so maybe it was the heat and stress combined.

We ended up just going to vets4pets where they did a one off surgery and have had bunny after bunny in to vaccinate. So I was worried she may have picked something up maybe. Erm, it could have been ceacals, but reminded me more of after they have anastetic when it's loose and really smelly - was just like that but slightly formed.

Anyways, All good so thank you xx

Glad she's OK tonight :)

Vaccination clinics can be stressful for the owner too. As you say, you wonder if they are going to pick anything up. But with the vaccine shortage I guess there's no way around it at the moment.

I know what you mean about the poo. Hope she doesn't do any more of that!

Back