• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helped a knocked down bunny to bridge :(

nickybunny1

Mama Doe
On my way into work saw a bunny on up the road a bit that had been knocked down. From a distance it wasn't moving but I thought I would drive up and check if she was still alive. She was 😢😢 was trying to lift her wee head 😢😢 took her to vet to help her to the bridge. She said it was head trauma and that we did right thing as she could have suffered for hours still. So upset for her. Poor baby.

Rabbits don't stand much chance against vehicles do they :( Very sad. I'm glad you could help.

On my way into work saw a bunny on up the road a bit that had been knocked down. From a distance it wasn't moving but I thought I would drive up and check if she was still alive. She was 😢😢 was trying to lift her wee head 😢😢 took her to vet to help her to the bridge. She said it was head trauma and that we did right thing as she could have suffered for hours still. So upset for her. Poor baby.

Oh Nicky I know how that would've made you feel. Hugs.

Thank you for doing the best thing for the bunny xx

Poor bunny [emoji17]

Thank you for helping this little one, you did an extremely kind and compassionate thing for her. Although I can imagine the whole thing must have been very distressing [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Omi they don't, but it was a very slow traffic road in an industrial estate. I would hate to think someone knew they hit her and just left her.

Yes Max I was sobbing, bunnies are obviously so close to my heart like everyone on RU, but I was telling her it was going to be ok and we would take the pain away soon. I am glad that's she was not left there for hours. RIP beautiful wildie. Your life was precious too x

Back