• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

oops!

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
so Luna's RHD2 jab got changed to today with aislin as it was easier to get it over and done with.

turns out she's gained 200 grams :oops: she's a little overweight now.

so i suppose, pellet everyday for luna really isn't her best option! nothing else has changed. she doesn't get many treats as it is; and if she does its something like a fibafirst stick or a hay biscuit as i call them. not really too fattening.

she's also for sure completely blind :( we checked again and nada, so her world is truly completely black for her. hence why its a bit confusing and why im covered in bruises!

also; currently im trying her on vetIQ seren-um drops, its a liquid that goes into her water. it was recommended by the vets when snoopy became quite distressed and aggressive. it helped him and seems to be helping her too. while it is for dogs and cats, it seems to work on bunnies too! she's charging a lot less at me, the cat, and so far these past few days ive not been bitten. hoping this keeps up :)

I'm glad that the drops appear to be helping. It must be quite a scary world for her. Is she not getting around so much because of the blindness, could this be affecting her weight? Did the vet say an increase that size is any concern? x

I'm glad that the drops appear to be helping. It must be quite a scary world for her. Is she not getting around so much because of the blindness, could this be affecting her weight? Did the vet say an increase that size is any concern? x

it must be yes :(

she doesn't move around quite as much as before i'll be honest. she used to run out of the door, down to the steps to the garden, zoom there, run back in, repeat! she'd keep at this for 15 minutes and snoopy used to join in too :lol: she does seem to spend more time eating or lying under the table now. so while she does move around and head outside to strip the strawberry vines bare, she's not really running around as much now.
i never really thought about it i suppose; so thank you for mentioning it!

she is now technically more overweight now. you can see it on her, she just looks like a potato now :lol: i can't remember her weight so i'll call and ask them. i'll have to find a way to weigh the little butt.

Back