• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Infacol what is the correct dosage?

rosaleen

Warren Scout
:wave:
Please see my other post from today, but Ijust wanted to be sure other members will see my question and be able to give me an answer.
Harriet 's weight is 242g, which I think is 2kilos 42 grams? ; sounds about right.
Big thanks.:love:

Initially I give 2ml and then 1ml every hour after that for 3 hours. I also give gentle tummy rubs! If bunny isn't eating then obviously get them to the vet straight away instead :) x

Hi RR88 I really appreciate your info. Managed to give H her first dose, the 2ml with some difficulty! Not too keen on the flavour at all! Despite baby food and fresh banana to disguise it. I don't want to overload her with the banana which she's happier to take, not keen on the tummy rubs either unfortunately.
What do you do when it comes to administrating the meds please??
Her appetite is completely fine but if she doesn't show signs of improvement I know I will have to take her to the vet

Thanks again

Last edited:
Hi Horace
Just read your post. No I don't actually use thecsyringe to feed. It's just to make sure I'm giving her the correct amount. See my post above?

Well I do it with them beyween my knees but I think you said that you struggled with that?
When I dislocated my knee I did it by putting my bun in his carrier and then i'd put it on a footstool about thigh height, take the lid off, block the front off where he could get out and then I stroke him until he had calmed down a little. Then I'd bend over him but remain standing and it worked the same as if he was between my knees. I thought he might jump out but he never did.
You just have to try different ways until you find something that works!

I think it is easier to syringe feed the infacol although the buns don't tend to enjoy that sort of handling

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thanks to both of you:).H is due her 1ml dose. I think I'll have to use a tiny amount of banana as a mask because it's easier for me. Yes RR you are right, between the knees is not do-able for me. Bending over is still difficult because of the cracked rib.:roll: However when that does heal, in the future, if it's needed (!) I'll try your method.
I was hoping for some easy answer to this problem::? Oh well............

:wave:
Please see my other post from today, but Ijust wanted to be sure other members will see my question and be able to give me an answer.
Harriet 's weight is 242g, which I think is 2kilos 42 grams? ; sounds about right.
Big thanks.:love:

Rosaleen - I have always given, and advised, one ml every hour for three doses, and then one ml three times daily. Along with tummy rubs. This from a rabbit expert in the States who I respect :)

Sorry to be late to the thread - for future reference now!

Hi again MM
Thanks very much for the info., especially on continuing the meds. I'll write it all down in my expanding rabbit file.I was hoping what I gave yesterday would have been enough but looks like we're not out of the woods just yet.

Back