• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello as well

riaob1

Warren Scout
Hello All

I have been looking around for a bit and thought I would now join and say hi etc!

I am Maria and mum to two bundles of fluff, Kip I have had for about 3 months and is a right little deva, unfortunately her sister died a few weeks ago :cry: so have been looking around for a new mate for her to play with.

Had my eye on one rabbit near me but the rescue home had myxi so I had to leave him as I didn't want Kip to get it. So last night went down to Animal Lifeline in Surrey to see Dash and take him home.

So I will be needing some help with bonding them in a few weeks (once Dash has settled in - although he is a very chilled bunny and is settling in really well so fingers crossed he will be ok.

Ria

:wave: Hello Ria, sorry to hear about Kip's sister :( , what was wrong with her?

Can't wait to see pics of Kip and Dash though, you must be so excited!

Hi Ria,

I hope everything goes well bonding the little bunnies, I have 3 but have to keep the little one seperate because I could not get them to get along, but now she is a happy little house bunny while the other 2 have there bunny palace outside. Hope it goes well.

Lindsey

Hi bunnyhugger

Unfortuneatly she didn't recover from the anesthetic when she was spayed and she had a weak heart so I knew there was a big risk. She was lovely and very affectionate but sadly just didn't make it, she is under the tree in the garden with bobs (my other rabbit who sadly died a few months ago) and the reason I got Kip and Leela in the first place.

I will post up some dodgy photo (PC camera) later of them both if I can.

Kip is typically a wild rabbit colour and dash is a lovely silver with white bits! We are thinking of re-arranging the spare room so they have more area to run around during the day when we are not around.

Hi Ria and welcome to the forum! :wave:
I'm sure the experts in here will give you lots of tips and helpful advice on bonding your two bunnies! and I'm sure Kip will appreciate the company of another bunny friend since losing her sis. She is so lucky to have a nice mum like you who has searched for the perfect companion :)

Thnaks Lisa

And sat in M25 traffic for an hour in the process lol - I think she will be fine with him, he seems very layed back and can't believe how quick he has settled in even in the car he seemed to know that he didn't need to worry and he was stretched out like a good un.

He seems to be grinding a bit though so not sure whether that is just a habbit thing through boredom or if there is anything to worry about?

Hello and welcome, sorry to hear about your little bunster :cry: , I'm sure she'll be fine with Dash, can't wait to see the pics of them both :D

welcome.jpg

Aww Nic that is just so cute :)

:waver: Hi Ria
I'm sure you'll have a great time here.

Shouldn't worry too much about the teeth griding (ours do that often) unless it is a particually harsh sound (a sign they are upset) otherwise it just means the rabbit is content, rather like a cat purring.

Back