• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Toys and stuff to keep them stimulated

Bergmaus

New Kit
Hello

I'm after ideas for things to put in my rabbits runs and hutches to keep them happy and stimulated.

I'd like both bought items and stuff I can make for free from household items etc

Thanks in advance

Monty enjoys the simple things in life. His current favourite is a loo roll with hay stuffed in it, and some treats hidden in the hay. He also enjoys cardboard boxes - though I had to take away a tissue box, as he got a bit too enthusiastic and stuck his head through the gap :roll:. When I buy him things he tends to turn his nose up at them. He also loves cardboard boxes filled with hay; I stick them in front of things I can't stop him reaching but would rather he didn't eat, like books, and he usually decides the hassle isn't worth it and he'll have hay instead. Treat wise, anything that hangs or is bound together (we currently have a wheel of grass, for eg) that he has to pull apart usually goes down better than hand fed treats.

Hi. Mine love long pipes to run thru. I was lucky I got some frim my Dads farm and they love them. These ones we have now are plastic and they haven't chewed them yet....but keeping an eye on that. I've had pot pipes in the past too. The only downside is their house bunnies and we keep tripping over the pipes :)

Favourite for my pair atm is a small kids plastic tambourine. Baby rattles and dog treat dispenser balls also go down well.

Back