• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ladders for second level home

sammy123

Young Bun
Does anyone have any suggestion as to where i can buy some nice plastic ladders from, i have checked with the pet srote near me and they have no suggestions. - i have a plastic colourful cadge which was very exspensive where you can put in an upstairs as you can cut out bits in the cage. So ive made it all nice for Brandy but at the mo there will be no way of her getting up stairs until i find some ladders - my partner has attempted to make some but they look a bit rubbish!!! :lol: any ideas? Sammy xx

If he's not a giant bunny then you can use guttering. The square shaped varitety not round. That makes the basic ramp and then you just have to clue/screw blocks to it for food holes. The other option is a step rather than a ramp. Alfie jumps onto the top of his cat loo then executes an odd twist jump to get into his hutch (he has a ramp he just doesn't use it much).

Tam

I have a wooden slope on our hutch and sometimes I find it scarey the way he launches himself down it. My last run had the lower level not as deep and the top layer the deep one and we just had a hole they jumped up. Somehow it looked safer, it would be cool to make a tunnel if I could.

I just went to someones setup where they jumped too. I was really surpised at the height but the guy said he made it donkeys years ago!

so put the box below the hole to reduce the job? Great idea! I was looking for a way to get rid of my scarey ramp.

Back