• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The heat got to Bobo

Fellie

Warren Veteran
I'm sure Trinity will be seeing other heat affected buns as well - we had to take in Bobo this morning who is in stasis. Ate his dinner last night - but turned his nose up at breakfast.

We sat in the waiting room - and were so embarrassed - there was a man there with his bunny out of the box, sitting good as gold on his lap - whilst Bobo made sure the world knew of his utter disdain at being in a carrier :lol:

I was relieved we saw Mark - he handles Bobo very well and is one of the few vets he doesn't try to bite. As we went in, Mark asked 'so which one do we have today' - hubby replied " the grumpy one I'm afraid" - and Mark went " oh no!!! " :lol::lol::lol:

Mark is so quick with his examinations - felt his tummy, said " no - no movement in there. Probably best we admit him - he's a bit of a beast to give meds to " - which is fine with us as we are away tomorrow night anyway and Bobo is a complete nightmare to give meds to and I don't want to put that on our bunny sitter. We were in and out in 5 minutes :shock:

I must say that since we've moved near Trinity I don't get anywhere near as panicky about stasis as I used to do - we tend to catch it early anyway and they always fit us in quickly to see a vet - and I know the bun will be sorted out fairly quickly by people who know what they're doing.

And thank you Bobo for doing this BEFORE we go away - and not whilst we are away :p

Sending lots of vibes for Bobo. I hope he responds quickly to the treatment. It's really not surprising he is suffereing from the heat. It has been quite unbearable for them these past few days.

Ah good old Mark, I don't worry so much about GA now I always see him. Hope cute little Bobo is OK. I worry about Doughnut when I'm in work as it's quite hot in my house but nothing I can do when I have to earn the pennies to keep her!

I'm sure Trinity will be seeing other heat affected buns as well - we had to take in Bobo this morning who is in stasis. Ate his dinner last night - but turned his nose up at breakfast.

We sat in the waiting room - and were so embarrassed - there was a man there with his bunny out of the box, sitting good as gold on his lap - whilst Bobo made sure the world knew of his utter disdain at being in a carrier :lol:

I was relieved we saw Mark - he handles Bobo very well and is one of the few vets he doesn't try to bite. As we went in, Mark asked 'so which one do we have today' - hubby replied " the grumpy one I'm afraid" - and Mark went " oh no!!! " :lol::lol::lol:

Mark is so quick with his examinations - felt his tummy, said " no - no movement in there. Probably best we admit him - he's a bit of a beast to give meds to " - which is fine with us as we are away tomorrow night anyway and Bobo is a complete nightmare to give meds to and I don't want to put that on our bunny sitter. We were in and out in 5 minutes :shock:

I must say that since we've moved near Trinity I don't get anywhere near as panicky about stasis as I used to do - we tend to catch it early anyway and they always fit us in quickly to see a vet - and I know the bun will be sorted out fairly quickly by people who know what they're doing.

And thank you Bobo for doing this BEFORE we go away - and not whilst we are away :p

Vibes for poor Bobo. Sorry to hear this Fellie.

As for the rabbit sitting patiently - one of mine would do that easily, but I would *never* recommend anyone actually keep a rabbit out in a vet's waiting area. I have seen a big dog suddenly enter the area and snap for the rabbit in the blinking of an eye. It may be cute, but it's not safe.

Bobo was much safer and he's now in good hands with Mark :D

As for the rabbit sitting patiently - one of mine would do that easily, but I would *never* recommend anyone actually keep a rabbit out in a vet's waiting area. I have seen a big dog suddenly enter the area and snap for the rabbit in the blinking of an eye. It may be cute, but it's not safe.

For this reason this practice is not allowed at my vet's surgery.

For this reason this practice is not allowed at my vet's surgery.
Same with mine: dogs on leads and everything else, including a recommendation for smaller dogs, in a secure carrier. Even cardboard boxes are frowned upon: they see some very lungey big dogs and I'm sure there must have been an incident in the past :S

Sending stasis beating vibes for Bobo xxx it is so reassuring when you are near a good vet. Definitely helps you feel calmer.

Cookie is acting a bit off today. Its been an almighty task to keep her cool these past few days. She's eating, peeing (quite a lot which I wonder if I should be worrying more about actually :/ ) but she is going and sitting in different places than her normal routine. Even properly spreading out to rest (she rarely lets anyone see this) I don't know if it is because since it has been hot she had to sit elsewhere for hours and hours and she has forgotten what she normally does and that's why she is sitting somewhere different to her normal regular weather day places. Or if something more sinister is going on. Hmmm.

Hope everyone else's bunnies are doing ok xx

Vibes for Bobo, hope he recovers soon.
Just put the buns out on the grass runs. They seem to be doing ok. It's all in the shade and cooler today.

Sending stasis beating vibes for Bobo xxx it is so reassuring when you are near a good vet. Definitely helps you feel calmer.

Cookie is acting a bit off today. Its been an almighty task to keep her cool these past few days. She's eating, peeing (quite a lot which I wonder if I should be worrying more about actually :/ ) but she is going and sitting in different places than her normal routine. Even properly spreading out to rest (she rarely lets anyone see this) I don't know if it is because since it has been hot she had to sit elsewhere for hours and hours and she has forgotten what she normally does and that's why she is sitting somewhere different to her normal regular weather day places. Or if something more sinister is going on. Hmmm.

Two out of three of my rabbits have been doing this in turn for three days now and they are still doing it even though it's cooler today after the storm. One of the outside litter trays is raised up so that there is a very small area underneath it. It's obviously cooler underneath and shaded. I was alarmed at first because I've only ever known them under there if they feel unwell, but they seem OK otherwise.

Sorry to hear this L - I hope the Cookie monster feels better very soon xx

Two out of three of my rabbits have been doing this in turn for three days now and they are still doing it even though it's cooler today after the storm. One of the outside litter trays is raised up so that there is a very small area underneath it. It's obviously cooler underneath and shaded. I was alarmed at first because I've only ever known them under there if they feel unwell, but they seem OK otherwise.

I think it must have really thrown them all out! Hopefully its just that! Today she has not gone in her usual snuggle place at all and has sat in places she never has. Normally she would spend hours in that corner! She didn't in the heat as the fans were pointing in from that corner from the outside of it, but they are gone now and it is as if she still associates that corner as being a no go area. I might tempt her there with kale.

Sorry to hear this L - I hope the Cookie monster feels better very soon xx

Thank you! She is always a worry incase anything triggers off a respiratory episode again. She used to be hardy to anything, but is much more delicate these days! She's as bright as a button and was tooth purring at me when I sat down talking to her so I think it's a case of watch and see if anything develops.

Good vibes for your little one... hopefully Bobo will be up and running soon! The weather's cooled down a bit - depending on where you are of course - so he'll be more comfortable when he gets home. I know mine certainly are grateful for the end of that heatwave, they're very active buns and they like being able to explore and be comfortable :')

This heat is horrible - I hate it purely because it's so hard on animals.

Hopefully Cookie starts being more 'normal' today with the temperatures returning to more normal levels. It's so worrying isn't it?

Totally agree - even if I could I wouldn't - far too much risk!

Still not eating...but bright enough to have bitten one vet and two nurses 😂
They are doing xrays later.

He'd probably do better at home..the vets are stressful. ..but we are away tonight and find it very difficult to do critical care and meds with him so it will take a bit longer at the vets for him to get better but it's is the better choice.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ah when you get him back mark will say hes full of character lol.

Hope he starts eating soon. At least he's in the best place. He's so cute to look at can't believe he bites people

Back