• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent

Lazylops

Alpha Buck
Anyone?I have had a call from a lady who lives in Ealing near Hanger lane?
(Sp)
She has two Rabbits both females; one of the Buns is dragging its
back legs behind it.
She is not willing to take this bun back to the vet for x-rays so it
has been left like this for I think she said two weeks.
She said she has a new baby & will not go near the Rabbits because
they are dirty, these buns are cashmere lops so I hate to think what
state they are in.
I have no room to take these Rabbits in I am full to bursting point.
I am however able to cover all vets costs no matter how much it costs
to try and put these buns right & I have a vet in Ealing so if you
can take these buns in or know someone who can please let me know
ASAP.

Jenny.
020 8894 5080

poor rabbits, I can't believe some people,

Do you know whether Jenny is wanting to keep the rabbits in London? I would be willing to have them in Eastbourne as have a spare hutch and run but don't know if that's too far, plus may need help with transport......

That's absolutely disgusting. How can she leave a rabbit paralysed for two weeks? If she can't even take care of two rabbits, I don't hold out much hope for her poor baby.

I can't really take the bunnies in, but if you decide you want someone to go round and thump her, I'm your woman.

Just thinking, is there any way this lady can be reported to RSPCA as she has obviously mistreated these two and what's going to happen to the otehr rabbit when it grows up????

Erm, I said that in my post too, but it's not here anymore............ADELE!!!! have you been pressing buttons again!!!! :shock: :lol:

no Lynda, to cause maximum confusion I posted this on two threads..... :roll: :shock: I think that is where the confusion lies..... :?:

Can anyone help in getting them to me in North Wales?
I am disgusted that she can do this to the buns and leave the poor little one paralysed like that :evil:
I can take them if someone can get them to me - we have a marvellous vet and I'm used to disabled and sick buns.

:cry: God this makes me so mad - what is wrong with folks!!!

I know Denny posted a good point in Rabbit Care section - has anyone suggested to Jenny to contact the RSPCA immediately to try and get something done - Once the bunnies have been removed 3rd hand prosecutions I think are always tricky and it may at least get the bunnies some immediate help!!-

I'm around the weekend if anyone needs any transport help through the Midlands area - just give me a yell.

I really hope these little bunnnies get some help quickly - it doesn't sound hopeful for them folks?

As Bertie said, we can't take them in, but I'll certainly offer ferrying services if someone can take them in - and meet me somewhere I can easily get to and find!

edit

Just noticed bunnytales' offer; I could get them to the Midlands for transport onwards?

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your offers, but someone close to Jenny has come forward so we will see how things go from there.

Thanks again tho, you are all wonderful. :thumb:

I am totally lost now, I cant evern find the unlocked URGENT topic without going through Tamsin link, but if the RSPCA remove these bunnies they have a stronger case to be able to prosecute the owner, RSPCA's evidence will be stronger than general public. Word of mouth by the RSPCA is sometimes enough evidence + I would be very surprised if this lady refused the RSPCA access to these bunnies for fear a court order would be put into place, but there again, maybe this is why she has not approached RSPCA to rehome them, for fear of prosecution

Sorry for the confusion, the unlocked one is in the Welfare section. I locked the others as there was confusion over which thread people were posting in and wanted the transport offers in one place.

Sorry didn't mean to cause more confusion :oops:

Tam

It's good if the RSPCA can see the conditions they're kept in, but if someone else is collecting them, try to get some photos. It's awkward to take them in the woman's home, but at least insist on taking the hutch and then take photos of that and the bunnies as soon as you're out of the house, so that at least you have the piccies to take to the RSPCA.

This woman is incredibly cruel and there's no way she should be allowed to get away with this. Otherwise her child will turn 5, demand a cute fuzzy pet, and remembering back to how easy it was to get rid of the last lot, she won't think twice about it.

God I've pressed the wrong buttons now.

These buns need to be removed ASAP and RSPCA should have the power to do that straight away. all calls to RSPCA cruelty lines are confidential (as I found out) the women would not know who reported her.

I know that I sound a bit hard, and I hate hearing about any form of cruelty to animals but, if she gets away with it, acouple of years down the line when her children are old enough to start nagging for a bunny/gerbil/ what ever, what are the odds of things going wrong again?

everyone on here cares about what happens to these 2 buns and all the other unwanted bunnies out there, but cruelty is a different catagory - dont let her get away with it

Bertie said:
It's good if the RSPCA can see the conditions they're kept in, but if someone else is collecting them, try to get some photos. It's awkward to take them in the woman's home, but at least insist on taking the hutch and then take photos of that and the bunnies as soon as you're out of the house, so that at least you have the piccies to take to the RSPCA.

This woman is incredibly cruel and there's no way she should be allowed to get away with this. Otherwise her child will turn 5, demand a cute fuzzy pet, and remembering back to how easy it was to get rid of the last lot, she won't think twice about it.

She will probably justify it by saying she was protecting her child. Kinda have to feel sorry for the kid really at least the rabbits will get saved.

Bertie said:

You need evidence inside her property as she can deny ever owning the rabbits and this can only be obtained with her consent otherwise you are treading on very dodgy ground. I am no expert but I would leave it to the RSPCA. Phone them, let them know that you are willing to pay bills and find a possible fosterer once they have been assessed by vet.

She said she has a new baby & will not go near the Rabbits because
they are dirty
:shock: Like she has never used or seen "detol" or "savalon" :evil:

Go of the RSPCA :!: The only good thing is she has asked a bunny person for help, a bit too late, but atleast she has asked :!:

Sadly being in another country, I can not help on these issues :cry:

Please keep us informed on how these poor we buns get along.

Chin up as your doing the right thing. Sadly our animals can not stand up and talk for themselves, it takes strong ppl like us to do it for them and show them that humans can be kind and work to get their trust back!

I hope they are getting enough and proper water and food too :!:

Maybe the RSPCA could help with transport and prosecuting.

Keep us informed of how things go :!:

bronie

If your person nearby falls through then PM me. I'm in Reading but I can do a drive to Ealing Sunday or later. I could foster the buns for as long as they need while they're being treated and try to find them a forever home, I also live near quite a good bunny vet.

I understand what people say about calling in the RSPCA but my personal opinion is that the priority is getting the rabbits out of there. I know that this means she may not be prosecuted but I don't think the chances of her getting a lifetime ban are too good as they are "just" rabbits ( :evil: ), which means in a few years she could have some more anyway.

Good luck with this whatever you decide, please keep us posted on what happens.

Back